It's Not Hard to Pretend to Love You: 3

"Alright, pass your essays now. Those who aren't done yet, you may pass it before your lunch break ends. That's all for today, goodbye class." Ms. Scott, our English teacher, said as the bell rang.

I still haven't decided yet on whether I'll thank Blake or not. My mind became preoccupied the whole English period thinking on my essay which is still not yet done. I'll just continue doing it later at lunch and pass it later.

I went to the door to see my boyfriend of 5 days, Justin, waiting for me outside the classroom. Justin is the hottest guy in school and I don't know why he chose me to be his girlfriend. Things just happened last Saturday when Jean invited me to attend a party of one of her cousins. Justin happened to be friends with Jean's cousin and I don't know why but Justin kept me company the whole time and I don't have much of a choice but to talk to him. At the end of the party, he asked me to be his girlfriend. I'll admit it, even though he's the hottest guy around, I don't feel anything for him but as a friend and I told him that. He said let's just give it a try and I agreed and here we are now. Within those five days, I still feel nothing for him, just a friend but that may still change because he's really showing some signs that he cares for me.

"Hey babe." Justin greeted and enveloped me in a hug.

"Hey." I said and he pulled back to kiss me but...

"Ahem." Someone coughed behind me.

Oh thank God. I'm still not ready to be kissed by Justin. I don't know why but I just don't want him to be my first kiss. I want my kiss to be somehow special, not in a school corridor. I turned to look at the distracter and I felt my stomach drop. Blake was glaring at me and Justin. The glare he gave me somehow brought back memories on how we started to despise each other and became equal partners.

2 years ago...

"Welcome home Syd." My dad said as we stared at our old house here in San Francisco. We're now back here from Florida because I have to study my high school in Van Allen Academy. My dad also got a good job offer here as a sales employee and he happily accepted it.

"Let's get inside." my dad said and went inside with our bags as I was still gaping at our old house. Time flies so fast and I can't believe that 8 years has passed since we left this house and went to my grandparents' in Florida.

I was still reminiscing as I stand in front of our house when...

"HEY!" someone shouted from my right side and I turned to look when something really hard hit my face and I fell on back. SMACK!

I heard someone running towards me and said, "Oh no, God no, no." A gorgeous boy of somewhere around my age said and he leaned down with his hand stretched-out. I was about to grab his hand when he pulled back and grabbed his soccer ball beside me and said, "Oh man! My new ball got dirty."

I looked at him confused and he looked at me like he noticed just now that I was there and gave me the what-the-hell-are-you-doing-there look and held a hand out for me but I refused and got up by myself. How could he care more about his soccer ball get dirty than helping the person he hit so hard on the face and fell?!? I brushed off the dust on my clothes and I glared at him. He looked at me seriously at first and then erupted laughing. He was laughing so hard that he had to clutch his stomach.

I was really furious at him now because after what he did to me, he just started laughing hysterically after looking at me. I shouted at him, "Why are you laughing? There is nothing funny!"

He laughed harder and said, "Yes there is!" He pointed to my face while laughing.

I touched my face to feel something wet. I looked at my hand to see blood! Blood is flowing out of my nose after the ball hit my nose so hard. The person who caused all of this is laughing at me without even saying sorry. He was laughing like my bleeding nose is the funniest thing to be seen on earth.

"STOP LAUGHING! IT'S NOT FUNNY!" I shouted at the laughing boy in front of me.

"Yes it is funny! Look at the mirror!" he said between laughs.

I can't take this anymore. He was laughing instead of being sorry. I can't let this boy escape his consequence for doing this to me. While the boy is still laughing, I punched his face- specifically his nose- very hard like the impact of the ball. He stopped laughing and stumbled back. He touched his nose and saw blood. Haha! That's better.

"Now, we're the same. We're just equal now." I said and smirked at him. He just glared at me and I returned the glare and headed inside our house.

1 week after that...

"So Syd, how did you find your first day here in Van Allen Academy?" Jean, my new friend asked me. Jean and Jack were my first friends here in school and they accepted me even though they knew that they can't have their 'sweet-time' together if I'm here. They treat me very well and I'm very glad to be friends with them.

"This school's great so far. The teachers seem nice and the students as well." I said as we head towards a table carrying our lunch trays. As we were walking, some of my coins fell and I turned to look where it landed so that I could get it after I settled my tray. As I turned, I bumped onto someone and my iced tea spilled on his uniform.

"I'm so sorry..." I said to that person and looked up to see the boy who hit my face last week, "Not." I smirked and glared at him.

"Don't be. We're just equal." he said and pointed to my soaked uniform and to his coke. He smirked and glared and walked away with his friends saying, "Blake, man! Why did you do that to her?" and he just laughed and that's when it all started.

Back to the present...

"Ahem. Will you please move because you're blocking the students' way." Blake said snapping me out my thoughts. I looked up at Justin to see him glaring at Blake as Blake was glaring at Justin. I know from the start that the two of them really don't get along that's why before things heat up, I pulled Justin to the side.

Blake gave me one last look- not a glare anymore- and walked away. As he was walking, her girlfriend and the school's no. 1 dream girl, Stacey, hugged and kissed him. I really don't know what got into Blake that he'll get Stacey as his girlfriend. I'll admit, she's beautiful and sexy but so what? I really don't like that girl.

________________

Lunch time, at the usual table with Jean and Jack...

"You sure you don't want to eat?" Jean said as she and Jack eat their lunch while watching me finish my English essay.

"Yeah. I've got to finish this before the lunch ends." I replied.

"You really are a crammer." Jack laughed as I was writing furiously.

"Alright! Done!" I said happily. "I got to go guys. I have to pass this to Ms. Scott. See ya later!" I said and they waved as I ran the hallway- yes, I ran because I only have five minutes before lunch ends- towards the English faculty room.

I ran as fast as I could and people started to stare at me but I don't care. I could care less about my surroundings especially right now when I'm meeting a dead line. And because I don't care about my surroundings, I slipped with a banana peel. Yes, a banana peel was on the floor and I really don't have any idea how it got there. I just slipped on it and yelled as I was about to fall on the floor face first. SMACK!

I was wondering, the floor must be cold but why is it warm now?