It's Not hard to Pretend to Love You: 7

"What are you guys doing here? And Blake, why are you with her?" Stacey asked shocked as Justin.

"We're having fun like you guys here... Besides, I heard what happened last night and since, we're both single and dateless for this dance, well, why not give it a try..." Blake shrugged and continued as his tone turned a bit harsh, "Why, aren't we allowed to come here?"

"No, we're just surprised that after what happened last night... Syd..." Justin answered as he met my gaze. I think I'm gonna faint with this confrontation. I tried to turn away but Blake's hand slid down to mine and squeezed it a bit.

"Oh, forget about that. We both already moved on. We just thought of it as some kind of a bad dream, nonetheless. Besides, we actually are grateful that you already broke up with us or else we would not realize the wonderful truth..." Blake trailed of as he grinned and looked down at me. I just stared back at him shocked. I gave him the what-the-hell-are-you-talking-about? look.

"What do you mean? I don't get it." Justin said confused. I was also confused at what's going on here so grabbed a drink nearest to the table beside me as Blake just held my other hand. Blake was still smiling a mischievous smile.

"Blake, what are you talking about? I know you're somehow mad at me that's why you're doing this. You probably like me, but I'm sorry, I don't like you back." Stacey said.

"Stacey, what are you talking about?" Blake said with a short chuckle, "For all I know, I don't like you too!" Stacey's eyes went wide, it was so hilarious that I would burst into laughter but I can't. Not with these things making my mind ache with confusion. "Because I love you...--" Blake continued as he wrapped his arms around my waist making me face him, "Sydney." And then he pressed his warm lips to mine. My body went numb and still and my eyes wide open in shock as he kissed me oh-so passionately in front of the mouth-hanging-open Justin and Stacey.

After a few moments, he pulled away and looked straight into my eyes and smiled a breathtaking smile and turned to face Justin and Stacey who are still gaping at us and said, "The wonderful truth I was talking about is that I already found the girl of my dreams. I'd like you to meet my very awesome new girlfriend, Syd."

None of them spoke and Blake smirked and faced me and said, "Let's dance, love." I was still in shock with the things happening, so he just pulled me to the dance floor as a new slow began. He placed my hands around his neck as he put his hands on my waist. He was still smiling hugely and I tried to clear my head before it knock me off.

I blinked a lot of times until I can finally talk.

"What the hell was that Mr. Blake Collins?!" I hissed gritting my teeth.

"Well Ms. Sydney Parker, that's what you call payback." he replied.

"What?! I don't understand! I couldn't grasp anything sane with what you said awhile ago!"

"Oh come on, I thought you were the smartest student in our batch yet you don't even understand the basic fundamentals of theatre arts." he said as he chuckled softly.

"Theatre arts? You mean everything that you did awhile was just an act?" I asked as things started to sink in.

"Yes! Why, did you really want it to be true?" he asked teasingly.

"Cut it out Blake! I was just surprised with your acting awhile ago. You started telling something that I don't have any idea at what you're talking about."

"Hahaha! I could've won an Oscar with that performance. Have you seen their faces? It was so hilarious! I would've fallen on the floor laughing so hard. And your eyes, hahaha, it's as big as my father's golf balls!" he continued laughing.

"Don't talk about my eyes! You could've mentioned to me about your plan so that I wouldn't be standing there like an idiot like them!"

"Hahaha! Well, I thought about that but I also wanted to see your reaction."

"But you should've mentioned it to me so that we could edit some things!" I retorted.

"Edit some things? Hmm... And what would that be that you wanted to edit even though everything went well?" he asked skeptically as he slowly composed himself.

"Don't you know that because of that, you already stole my first-... Never mind."

"Kiss?" he whispered seductively as his piercing brown eyes met mine. I could feel the heat rising on my cheeks.

I was speechless. We just stayed like that, staring into each other's eyes as someone bumped on my back that pushed me closer to Blake.

"Sorry." I murmured.

"S'okay." He smiled as I tried to pull away but to be bumped by someone again. Blake laughed a small laugh and said, "Don't worry its fine with me." And he just held me close and swayed with the music.

___

He parked his car in front of our house. We idled for a moment inside his car.

"Well, uhh... Thanks for the ride. I really had fun." I finally said.

"No problem. I had fun too." he smiled.

"So how are things going to go, now that Justin and Stacey thought we're 'together'?" I asked. That question kept on bugging my mind since awhile ago.

"Yeah. I also thought about that and I have a plan." he stated smugly.

"A plan? Ok, so you better mention it to me now or I'm gonna beat you up!" I threatened. I want to know this plan now so that I wouldn't be surprised with the things coming.

"Hahaha! Syd, you really are a war freak!" he commented as he laughed.

"I am not a war freak!" I defended.

"Hahaha... Ok, ok... Here's the thing," he paused dramatically as he faced me and looked at me intently, "Be my girlfriend."

I looked at him shocked like I saw a ghost walked by me. What is he talking about? Is he out of his mind? Is he already insane? Things happened so fast that I couldn't grasp anything! It was like 3 days ago, we totally despise each other, and now this! What has happened to our world now?...