It's Not Hard to Pretend to Love You: 9

The dinner went by smoothly. We all talked about different kinds of things while eating and just had a nice time with each other. The dinner ended as soon as it started. We're now playing some video games in the twins' room. I didn't have the chance to talk to Blake awhile ago because their mom called again for us to go down. I just decided to tell my decision to him when the kids are already asleep.

"Woohoo! I win! You owe me 10 bucks Blake!" Sander said as the letters KO appeared on the screen telling that Blake lost his fight with Sander.

"Rematch." Blake said sternly as their mom appeared by the door.

"No more rematch Blake. Kids, it's already 10:30, you've got to go to sleep now. Tomorrow's the start of the new semester, I don't want you guys to be late." she said.

"Okay, but mom... Can Syd stay here for the night? I don't want to have the nightmares again..." Sandy quietly said beside me.

"That's fine by me honey, but its Syd's decision on whether she'll stay or not." Mrs. Collins looked at me with a concerned look.

"Please Syd?" Sandy pleaded.

"Sure, no problem with me. Besides, I'll just be by myself in our house so that's really fine with me." I said and smiled as she hugged me.

"Thanks, Syd." Mrs. Collins said.

"No problem." I replied with a smile and she left with that. Then Sander lounged on the bed where Sandy and I were sitting on and then Sandy brought out a book. Little Red Riding Hood.

"Will you read us a story first so that we could sleep soundly?" Sandy asked.

I smiled and grabbed the book and positioned ourselves comfortably while Blake was sitting on the other bed looking at us expressionless.

"One day there was a girl..." and I began to read the book.

Blake's POV

She's going to stay here for the night. When Sander and Sandy are already asleep, we can already talk privately. As she was sitting in between my siblings, their heads on her shoulders while reading them a story, I felt something weird and different. I thought that I wished I was also being told a story by her and my head was on her shoulder as well like them.

When she ended the story, the twins already fell asleep.

"Blake!" she whispered enough for me to hear.

"What?" I replied on the same voice.

"Help me lay them down properly." She said as she slowly lifts their heads from her shoulders.

I carried Sander back to his bed and put the blankets on as she did the same for Sandy. She turned to look at me and motioned for us to go outside. We went downstairs and to the living room where she got some kind of a notebook and sat on the couch. I just went and sat beside her.

"Okay Blake, was your offer 2 weeks ago still on?" she asked after making sure that no one can hear us since all of them are already in their rooms.

"Yes and I've been waiting for your answer. So what is it?"

"Okay, yes. I accept the plan BUT!..." she said.

"But what?"

"You are not allowed to do some things that you aren't supposed to do because all of this is just a pretension. Nothing's true." She stated.

"Of course I know that! I was the one who proposed this plan you know? Nothing will happen between us unless you want us to..." I teased as she glared daggers at me. I just laughed at that.