It's Not Hard to Pretend to Love You: 2

Blake's POV

I didn't expect things to turn out like this. I was just playing our little game and I never thought any of these things were to happen.

I know that Sydney spent her whole night finishing my science project, that she tripped over with yesterday because of her clumsiness, so that I could pass it today. I know it of course. We're neighbors and my room is just across hers and I saw her from her window fixing it carefully on her desk. She didn't leave her room the whole night until she finished past midnight. She handed it to me this morning without a word. My project was well-fixed and looks better than the original one.

And now what did I give her back? I dissemble the parts of her project. I thought I was just doing the usual things between us when something happened and is to the other's blame, I didn't thought she'd be angry and punch me like that! Worst part was, Mrs. Anderson saw her and asked her to go the principal's office.

My friends helped up me go to the nurse's office but I refused and just went to the rest room to wash my face and went straight to the principal's office. I heard Sydney begging for something but I don't get it at first until Mrs. Anderson saw me and asked me to come in and Syd walked out. She glared at me and I can tell that she was about to cry so hard. The talk with Mrs. Anderson was not long because she had an emergency meeting so I'll just return after class.

Here I am now. Outside the science lab listening to Sydney's sobs after she talked to her father. I heard almost everything from after she called me a stupid-dumb-ass-idiot-moron-bastard-jerk. That hurts a lot but I don't care, I paid attention to their conversation until she started talking about her scholarship being taken back because of punching me and her mom's last wish before she died... I didn't mean to eavesdrop but I want to know what kept her begging like that and it was her scholarship being taken back. With that being taken, she won't be able to attend this school anymore and her mom's wish being unfulfilled.

I'm now totally doomed. Guilt overpowering me and I can't take this anymore! I know that I don't have anything to do with Syd but with her situation right now, I just want to hug and comfort her and tell her that everything's going to be okay. But man! I can't do that! She really loathes me ever since we met and with what I did awhile ago, I don't think she'll like me doing that. Besides her boyfriend, Justin- oh I totally don't like that guy! - should comfort her.

She stopped crying and went to fix her own project when I got tired of my position. I was sitting on the floor for many minutes and my legs got stiff so I stretched them and made a wrong move. The sound of my stretching with my shoes screechinh echoed across the hallway and she seemed to hear it.

Crap! She's coming for the door! I stumbled to get up and pick up my things and walk away. As I turned the corner to another hallway, sure that she didn't see me, I noticed something missing...

Sydney's POV

I went to open the door to see an empty hallway. I thought it was just the shuffling of tress outside and head to close the door again. As I looked down, something caught my eye.

I picked it up and raised it up to see a silver bracelet. It's a unisex bracelet and I thought it was somehow familiar so I examined it closely. I saw a plate with words inscribed on it: Guardian Angel. S. H. P.

I gasp. This is the one my mom gave me before she died but I also gave it to someone who once saved my life the time before my mom died years ago. Could this mean that that person is also here? 

_________

"Sydney, everything's going to be fine, alright?" my dad assured me as we're standing outside the principal's office. I just nodded and he went in alone with Mrs. Anderson asking me to stay outside.