It's Not Hard to Pretend to Love You: 29

IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE... PLEASE READ...

Yo guys! I just want to say that before you proceed reading this chapter, please go back to chapter 25 because I did some MAJOR editing and that you have to read that first so that you wouldn't get confused in reading this chapter... I edited the part when Samantha went up to Blake by the lockers... So yeah, check that out first... Now please go read CHAPTER 25!!! This is already the second to the last chap and the next one's going to be the long GRAND FINALE!! I just want to tell you that there would be no sequel because the ending that I'm going to give to this story would already be some kind of a happily ever after... But on the other hand, I'm planning on creating a new one after this but I really don't know what yet because I have three rough ideas in my head and I don't know what to choose... One has a strong, brave and a spy heroine, another has a tomboyish heroine and the other has a heroine who's afraid to fall in love again because she was dumped in many creative ways... For more info please go to this link: (http://quizilla.teennick.com/polls/16700849/what-story-should-i-do-next) I made this poll in my quizilla account and I need your help by answering this poll or you could message me of what you think... Please comment and vote!! Thank you!!... :D

___

"WHAT?!! What do you mean you're not going?" Liz shrieked so loud into the phone that made me pull the phone away from my poor ear.

"Yes, Liz. I'm not going to the prom." I replied simply as I yawned and lounged comfortably on the couch. It was already 3 pm and Liz called me if I want them to help me prepare for prom later and said that I wouldn't come. I have forgotten to mention that to them since I was really busy with all the preparations that's I didn't have the chance to tell this bit of information. Well, I didn't think that she would be so hysterical about it that's why I thought it would be okay, but I was wrong. Very wrong.

"What?! But you were like the head chairman of this magnificent event and worked so hard for it and you would not come?!" she said incredulously.

"Yes, I would not come because I'm not really a partier. I'm not really into social gatherings such as proms and all that. Besides, I already attended the Winter Dance last year so I already have a good memory of a school dance." I said. The Winter Dance. I remember it like it was just yesterday and the night where my life changed. Yeah, it was definitely one of the best nights ever in my life.

Liz snapped me back to reality as she said, well more like shouted, "But Prom is different than any other school dances. You made this Prom possible! You created it Syd! Don't you want to see how the students of Van Allen Academy would see and be amazed by your hard work?"

Wow, that struck a cord. I never really thought about that because I only treated this as a project like a science project, nothing big. I didn't know that the project that I have this time would really have that of an impact to others. Most of the time, during our science project exhibits, only the teachers and the project makers are the ones who attend.

"Liz, maybe you could just take some pictures and videos for me of the prom. By that, I would still be able to see how our schoolmates are enjoying the project that we all worked hard for." I said.

"Are you sure you don't want to come?" Liz said softly.

"Yeah. It's too late now. The Prom would start at 7 and it's already 3 and I still don't have a dress and a mask for that matter. So yeah, just have fun." I replied.

"Okay then but if you need me just call me or Rachel okay?"

"Okay. Bye, have fun! And don't forget the pictures." I said and we both laughed and hung-up.

After the phone call, I suddenly felt a pang of slight sadness. If you're gonna ask me if I would want to come to prom months before, I would definitely answer no, but now... I shook my head to clear my thoughts. It's too late now. I'm not prepared for this event. I don't even have a dress! As I've said earlier, I'm not really a partier no matter what kind of a party it is, formal or informal. Even though I know that Jean, Jack, Liz, Rachel and all the others would be in the Prom with me, I'm not really comfortable. But during the Winter Dance with Blake, I don't know. I guess Blake's presence made me feel safe, comfortable and confident under my own skin...