It's Not Hard to Pretend to Love You: 21

Author's Note: Hey! What's up guys? I'm so sorry if it took me quite a long time before I posted this chap out... I'm just really busy with many things going on with my life, but anyway... here's the next one! Hope you'd like it!.. Comments, messages and votes would be very much appreciated!... and oh! The first part of this chap may be somewhat awkward for the guys to read... But anyways, enjoy!!! ;D

_________

I sometimes wish I was just born as a boy. I wish it during those times of the month, you know. Because if I were a boy, I wouldn't be experiencing these things: mood swings, pre-menstrual syndrome, dysmennorrhea. Or in short, monthly period.

Boys don't have to have periods as for girls who will have it monthly for a long period of their lifetime. Well, that's life and I just have to accept it.

It's already 12:30 pm and I just had my period like minutes ago when I went to the bathroom and I noticed that I don't have any tampons left in my cabinet, so here am I, walking down the cold streets of San Francisco going to the 7-Eleven on the corner of our street to buy tampons.

"Good evening!" the girl behind the counter greeted me. I just smiled. Good thing she's a girl because it's gonna be awkward for a guy to scan and pack the things I'm going to buy tonight.

Ok so, let's see. Where's the tampons side? Aha! There! I walked towards the aisle of tampons and was shocked to see many kinds of it. Different brands, different kinds. Now, I'm confused as to what to buy since there are so many. I took two of different brands in both hands and read the label to differentiate the two. They just look exactly the same.

"You know, I recommend you to get this one. It absorbs right away and fast!" advertised by a male voice over my shoulder while also reading the label. I spun around to see Blake Collins smirking at me.

"What?" I asked confused, shocked and embarrassed as to what he saw me holding. I hid the tampons behind my back.

"You have your monthly period right now, huh?" he asked still smirking.

"Shut-up!" I said annoyed and turned back to reading the label.

"I told you, choose this one. It's absorbs right fast!" he said snatching the other one he didn't choose and put it back in its place.

"And how would you know that? Why, have you ever tried one?" I asked smirking back.

"Haha! Of course not! My mom uses that and I was the one who's always in-charge to buy her that if she's out-of-stock. And right now she's out-of-stock, so I'm here to buy here one also." he said a bit embarrassed and scratched the back of his head.

"Hahaha! Really? Well, I guess that's cool?" I said running out of words to say at its oddity.

"I guess. So, you gonna buy that?" he asked with eyes pleading, "Please buy that so that I could have a reason to buy one and that the cashier wouldn't think of me as a creepy teenage boy who buys tampons at midnight..."

"Hahaha! Ok sure, no problem. We'll buy one for me and your mom." I said.

"Sweet! Let's go! My treat!" I just laughed at his relieved expression.

Blake paid for two and the cashier seems fine with it.

"Thank you for coming! Come again!" she said as we went out of the store.

We just walked in silence and enjoying the company of each other. And then a gust of wind hit us and it sent me shivers. I was just wearing an over-sized shirt and sweat pants. I didn't pay much attention as to what I was wearing when I went out.

"You cold?" Blake suddenly asked. I just nodded and then he wrapped his arm around me as we continued to walk.

Blake suddenly stopped walking when we reached a nearby playground to our houses.

"Are you already sleepy?" Blake asked me.

"Not really. When I started to walking out of my bed, sleep evaded me already. And I don't think I would also be able to go back to sleep any minute now. Why?"

"Can we spend a few minutes here and may be I could tell you a bit of a story from my childhood? I don't know, every time I pass this playground, memories come to my head and well, I just wanted to share it to you since we're friends now..." he asked me smiling lightly.

"Sure, no problem! I'm your friend. You can tell it to me and I will listen." I said happily and he led me to sit by a bench.

"Ok here it goes. This may seem a bit cheesy, but well, this is what you can call 'puppy love' when I was seven." he started.

"Hey, wait!" I sat-up straight when I remembered something, "Is this about the girl you love whom you've waited for 10 years now yet you don't know her name neither she knows yours? No offence, if you find that offensive." I tend to get hyper sometimes.

"Haha! None taken. And you still remember that?" he asked smiling lightly.

"Yeah, we're like at the same place and position when we talked about that before." How could I not remember that when I was too eager to know who that girl Blake loves?

"Oh yeah, we're also here back then." Then he looked around and turned back to me, "Anyway, yes you're right. I fell for a girl whom I don't know the name of and neither has she known mine. Well, that's puppy love."

"So how did you fall for her then?" I asked wanting to know my competition. Competition? Wow, I'm thinking so beyond the lines.

"Remember when I told you about my chocolate ice cream with sprinkles which fell on the floor and the girl who gave me her vanilla ice cream?" he asked me and I nodded not wanting to interrupt, "Yeah, well you could say that that instant, when she gave me her vanilla ice cream while smiling, I already liked her. Everyday, I would wait for her here to pass by with her mom and then we would wave at each other. She's so beautiful like her mom.

"And then one time, when she was passing by, she didn't notice that there was a car coming and was about to hit her, but I managed to get on the way and save her. She was so scared and cried while I just comforted and hugged her." Why am I feeling this feeling of déjà vu?

"When she had composed herself, she looked at me and smiled. She said, 'Thank you for saving me.'" Blake said this with sparkling eyes. "And that was the moment when I fell for her. She then gave me a bracelet as a sign of her gratitude may be. It has a plate with words engraved with: Guardian Angel S.H.P." Then he took it out and gave me.

"S.H.P.?" I asked surprised and the feeling of déjà vu is very strong as I glide my fingers across the engraved words.

"Yeah, that must be her initials." he paused and continued, "Oh yeah! That bracelet was the one you had before when we were fighting. We were back in Mrs. Anderson's office back then."

It then hit me like lightning. I am vanilla ice cream girl, I am S.H.P.: Sydney Henrich Parker and I am my competition. Blake liked me, no, he loved me back then!!!

"And we also have a picture taken together before. Here, take a look." Then he showed me a picture from his wallet. It was me and Blake when we were seven eating ice cream together. Vanilla flavor.

"Blake, I think I know who S.H.P. is..." I said slowly.

"Really?! Who?" he asked excitedly.

"It's m-..."