It's Not Hard to Pretend to Love You: 10

WHAT THE!!??... When I woke up with the sound of a car engine, I saw the clock on the wall and saw that it's already 7:07 am! I'm gonna be late for school!! I stood up right away seeing that I was the only one left inside the twins' room. Aaahh!! I have to hurry!

I ran downstairs to see a shocked Mrs. Collins.

"Syd, what are you still doing here? I thought you're already in school?" Mrs. Collins asked.

"I'm sorry but I over slept. I forgot to activate the alarm in my phone." I replied as I ran down.

"But I asked Blake to wake you up and he said that you already left." She said confused.

"Huh? Blake said that?" I said with venomously.

"Yes. Oh! You better go now before you become late!" she said as she looked at the clock.

"Thank you Mrs. Collins! Bye!" I said as I ran to our house and prepare myself for school very quickly. I ran towards the bus stop as the bus stop strikes 7:18 am. I better not be late or Blake will pay for this.

Blake's POV

Hahaha! She's fuming as she left our house. I was sitting inside my car, parked outside our house, as I wait for Syd to leave and well, just follow her to school. I really didn't want to wake her up because: 1.) I want to see her break her attendance record. 2.) I want to see how she acts when she's in a hurry and in adrenaline. And 3.) She looks so innocent and beautiful as she sleeps. I didn't wanna wake her up because I must admit that I was enjoying watching her sleep. I wish she's always like that so peaceful and innocent and not like a lion ready to lounge on me anytime. I could still remember how her chest rise as she breathe, how her mouth move a bit as if to whisper something, how her... Argh!! I sound like a retarded stalker! I should stop thinking about these kinds of things! I should focus myself on our plan.

Syd's POV

I dashed straight to my locker to get my things and to Justin's locker to return his planner as I have already copied the important dates. I should return it right away so that he'll not be skeptical as to why his planner was gone.

I'm now running towards my first class, English. 5 minutes before the bell... I can make it in time, I'm not gonna break my attendance record... Just a few steps...

Rrriinnggg!!!!!!!!!!

Whew!! The bell rang as I took my first step inside the classroom. Everyone was settled down as Ms. Scott went to the front.

"Good morning Sydney! You're just in the nick in of time." Ms. Scott greeted me.

"Yeah, just in the very nick of time." I said in between pants from my running. As I straightened up myself to go to my chair, the guys started whistling like wolves and howling.

"Woah baby! My eyes are burning!!" one of my male classmates said.

"Syd, you're sooo hot!!" another one said as he howled.

"The lacy red suits you well!!" one of the most perverted guys in school cheered.

I really don't get what they are talking about. Why are they acting like this? Have they done drugs last Christmas?

I'm really confused as to what was happening in here as Blake came from the door, passed his late slip to Ms. Scott and went to face me. He smirked as he leaned down.

"W-what?!" I stuttered as his fingers lightly touch the buttons of my uniform and lingered there for awhile then I looked down... OH MY!! That's it!! My buttons aren't properly buttoned up and my lacy red bra was peeking out!! I can't imagine that I went from home to school like this!! Especially at the bus!! Oh my god... No wonder the boys are acting like this.

Blake's fingers started moving and he buttoned up my shirt properly. As he finished buttoning it up properly, he straightened himself and smirked.

"Button up your shirt properly, babe." he said as he winked before he took off to his seat far from mine.

I just stood in front of the class with my mouth slightly open as everyone in our class became silent. They too seem to be shocked as to why Blake did that.

As Blake sat, his friends gave him some questioning looks and he seems to read it and said smugly, "She's my girlfriend now. So whoever messes up with her will pay." And then his friends started laughing like they think he's crazy or lying which is absolutely true.

"I'm serious guys. I'm her boyfriend now." he said shyly which made it look like he's really telling the truth. I could see that everyone was listening to what he's saying and seems to believe it. Wow, this guy acts really well. He really could win an Oscar with his skills.

Then Blake's friends started cheering for him. I could see that they are happy for him.

"Wow Blake! You're really awesome man!" Ray said.

"Have you been in drugs last Christmas? Just make sure you'll not kill each other."

Drew joked.

"New year, new girlfriend! Congrats dude! You've finally escaped Stacey's spell! Haha!" Greg said as he one-arm-hugged Blake.

Our class started and soon ended. I wasn't in the mood to listen today since it was just some normal back-to-school scenario. The teacher will just ask how our vacations went and some stuff like that. So, I just spent my time thinking of what will happen today. I know that Jean and Jack will be very surprised about this because I haven't mentioned about this to them. Blake and I have made a deal that we're not going to tell anyone about this so that there wouldn't be any leakage with this secret plan.

As I was on my way out the door, Blake went beside me and laced his hand with mine.

"What are you doing?" I said as I started to tug on my hand.

"We're holding hands. I mean we're supposed to hold hands, remember?" he said and I just stopped tugging my hand back. I just slowly intertwined my hand with his because this is what we're supposed to do. But why is my hand feeling electrocuted but great at the same time? Oh, it must be because... Oh I don't know!... I should just enjoy this wonderful sensation going through my hand.

"I have a great feeling that we're gonna make this very well. Good thing you left your shirt unbuttoned and then I fixed it up and we grabbed everyone's attention. Everybody really believed we're together now! I'm such a great actor!" he said smugly as he walked me to my next class.

"Shut up Blake!" I said as I smacked his head, "It's your fault that's why I was almost late and was not able to prepare very well! Your mom told me that you told her that I left already! You didn't wake me up when she asked you to! And now what? I walked the streets, rode the bus and entered the class with everyone seeing it!"

"Don't worry, it's not a bad sight after all." He said as he smirked and I hit his head one more time. He just laughed it off.

We're now by the door of my next class, Creative Writing. Blake doesn't belong to this class and he has Music next. We have to go our separate ways now, oh thank God; my mind could be in peace for a while.

"Ok, I have to get in now." I said as I smiled and faced him to say goodbye.

I was shocked to see him looking at my face intently like he was memorizing every detail of it. I was even more shocked as he reached his hand out to stroke my right cheek with his thumb while looking at my eyes. And then he enveloped me in a hug and left without a word. I didn't know if he was just acting then since there are only a few people passing and could see us at that place and time.

Blake's POV

What just happened there? Did I just really do that to her? Maybe my body was just acting on its own, just like a reflex as my mind was constantly thinking about this plan and Syd. Yeah, maybe that's the reason why. Or maybe that's the reason what I wanted to believe and not the reason why.