It's Not Hard to Pretend to Love You: 19

"It's alright Syd. Calm down now, I'm here." Blake cooed on my ear as we were sitting on one of the benches in the garden.

I still can't stop my tears of rage and sadness after the things that Stacey had said about my parents. No one could insult them.

"Hey Blake, Syd! What are you doing here? Why don't you come in-" Mr. Van Eimeren said as he approached us but stopped mid sentence seeing my tearstained face on Blake's chest. "What happened Sydney? Are you alright?"

"She just went through a heated conversation with one of our schoolmates who's also a guest here. She eventually insulted her parents so there..." Blake said as he continually rubs my back.

"I'm so sorry Syd if one of my guests did that to you." Mr. Van Eimeren said as he went close to us on the bench.

"It's alright. It's not your fault, its Stacey's." I replied.

He then gave Blake a key and said, "Blake bring her there. I'm sure she would brighten up."

Blake smiled and said, "Thanks sir. You're the best."

"No problem Blake. You know you're like my son already and since I could see how much you cared for Syd, she's like my daughter also." Mr. Van Eimeren said as he smiled.

Even though I'm confused as to what they were saying, I felt a light blush came up my cheeks as he said that Blake was like his son and me as his daughter.

"Let's go Syd. I'll bring you somewhere where I'm sure you'd be amazed." Blake said.

"Ok. Bye sir." I said to Mr. Van Eimeren as we stood and went inside the hotel.

Blake lead me to some room and used the key Mr. Van Eimeren gave him to open the door. The room was dark when we went in and I could here faint a faint sound of classical music playing on the centralized sound system of the hotel. When Blake switched on the lights, I felt like my breath was taken away for a second.

Hanging there was the huge painting of Mr. André Van Eimeren's infamous 'Sunset by the Boulevard'. I couldn't believe that I'm looking at it right in front of me.

"You liked it?" Blake said as he went beside me.

"I LOVE it!" I said smiling so wide as if I hadn't got caught in a fight awhile ago. "It's so friggin amazing!"

"Haha! I thought so that you'd really happy seeing right in front of your eyes." Blake said as he tugged my hand forward to the painting.

We spent almost 10 minutes in comfortable silence as we admired the awesome art work that costs $500,000.

"Hey, wanna sit?" Blake said after 10 minutes.

I just nodded and we sat on a bench placed in front of the art worked. I just realized that in this big spacious room, only the expensive painting, a bench, centralized sound system and aircon are the only things that could be found here. And the only people here are me and Blake. Wow, if I hadn't been too amazed by the painting, I would've realized this at the first place.

Blake just wrapped his arms around me as I put my head on his shoulder as we sat on the bench.

"Thank you Blake for helping me awhile ago. I don't know what I could've done to her if you weren't there." I said quietly but I know that he could hear it.

"It's okay Syd. I don't know if I have mentioned this to you before, but always remember that I'm just gonna be here by your side." Blake said.

"Yeah, you already said that before. In fact, you just said that some hours ago." We just laughed as we then again fell silent.