Chapter 9: Circle of Friends

3 Years Ago:

"Noona, why didn't you send your sons to SHINHWA? They'll be well taken care of if they go to school there." Ji Hoo asked his dearest friend, Min Seo Hyun.

Ji Hoo's family were on vacation at France, where Min Seo Hyun and her family were living. Joo Hyuk was 13 years old back then and his older brother, Seung Hoon was 16 years old. Min Seo Hyun and her sons were on a restaurant together with Ji Hoo and his son, Jin Woo who was the same age as Seung Hoon. Joo Hyuk, Seung Hoon and Jin Woo were playing somewhere while Sung Kyoung was with her mother, shopping in a nearby mall.

"Ji Hoo-ah, you know I don't want my children to be like me when I was their age. I was pampered by my parents and ended up being their prisoner." Seo Hyun answered.

"But you're different from your parents." Ji Hoo insisted.

"Yes, I'm different but the question is, will my children be any different from those spoiled brats? What if I end up never noticing that my children are starting to be like those kinds of children?" Seo Hyun continued on arguing.

"Fine. It's your choice. I do hope you're making the right decision." Ji Hoo gave up on reasoning with her.

"Yeah, me too and I hope your kids will be fine attending that school." Seo Hyun countered, smiling.

After a week, Seo Hyun decided to come back to Korea to manage the clothing business her passed mother had left her. She decided to transfer her sons in a university and held her promise to herself about not sending her children to SHINHWA. And so, Joo Hyuk and Seung Hoon ended up studying in U.K. Joo Hyuk was on his 1st year of middle school while Seung Hoon was on his 1st year of high school.

It was the first day of school at U.K. Joo Hyuk was on his way to his class room. As soon as he entered the room, he saw students who were already talking to their circle of friends and some were all alone sitting on their seats. He decided to find a seat where he could sit quietly by himself and he saw a vacant one at the farthest back near the window. He sat there and took his head phones out from his bag and just listened to his music.

At first, Joo Hyuk didn't understand why they have to move back to Korea. He was having a good time in France with his long-time friends but as soon as he heard about his grandmother passing away, he decided to let go of all his life in France.

He was thinking all alone about this when he felt a presence beside him and he quickly took down his head phones.

"Oh, you finally look this way." A girl was now sitting on the seat beside him. "I'm Sae Ron by the way. Park Sae Ron." The girl extended her right hand and was looking at him expectantly.

"Nam Joo Hyuk." Joo Hyuk took her hand and nodded.

"And I'm Jin Hwan." A boy suddenly appeared to Sae Ron's side.