Chapter 36: Struggles and Revelations

"Sae Ron, dear?" Sae Ron's mother called. "Your friends are here to visit you." She continued.

After hearing that her friends were there, Sae Ron immediately ran for the door and went down to meet them. She was especially excited to see a certain person but when she finally saw her visitors, her smile automatically disappeared. The person she really wanted to see was not there.

"Yah! What's with the frowning?" Jin Hwan exclaimed.

"Is Joo Hyuk with you?" Sae Ron asked right away and all her friends started to look away.

The living room was starting to get awkward because of the silence. Sae Ron's mother might have noticed it too and started to eye everyone in the room. She thought that something was off and she couldn't shake the feeling that it concerned about her daughter's strange behaviours lately. She needed to know.

"So!" Sae Ron's mother broke the silence and everyone jumped in surprise. "Why don't you guys go sit and I'll make something for you to eat and drink." She added. "Yoo Jung, dear? Why don't you come and help me?" She asked and Yoo Jung nodded and the both of them went into the kitchen.

Jin Hwan was worried for his childhood friend. He knew that Sae Ron has some mental illness when they were young and he couldn't stop thinking that her illness might have come back. He needed to look out for her more and make sure that she wouldn't do something stupid.

"Yah! If you're sick, you should have told me! I could have brought you home myself." Jin Hwan accused.

"I'm fine. Really." Sae Ron assured. "So stop nagging already." She added, smirking at him.

"When it comes to Sae Ron, Jin Hwan sure is protective." Chan Woo commented and Jin Hwan flinched.

"Of course! She's my childhood friend." Jin Hwan stated proudly.

Everyone was chatting and laughing happily but Sae Ron couldn't help herself feeling sad because Joo Hyuk wasn't there. Her friends noticed her saddened expression and they was silence once more.

"Stop that." Hyun Hyeong exclaimed. "Stop thinking things that would only upset you." He added.

"Hyeongie's right." Chan Woo agreed. "It would only worsen your sickness." He continued.

"I couldn't help it. I.. I wanted to see him. But.." Sae Ron was in the verge of tears.

"Sae Ron-ah.." Jin Hwan was feeling sorry.

Jin Hwan was upset. He couldn't do anything for her. He knew that Sae Ron liked Joo Hyuk but Joo Hyuk liked someone else. It was not like he could make Joo Hyuk change his feelings for Sae Ron. It would only ruin his friendship with him but he needed to do something, even a small thing that would cheer her up.