Chapter 27: Confrontation

Bzzz... Bzzz... Bzzz...

Sae Ron took her phone and looked at the screen. Joo Hyuk was calling her and she immediately smiled. She was so excited knowing that Joo Hyuk finally called her as soon as their summer vacation was over. She never got a call or any news about him for the last week and it made her worry.

"Joo Hyuk-ah!" Sae Ron answered her phone.

"Hey, is it a bad time?" Joo Hyuk asked from the other line.

"No, not at all. I'm so happy that you called. I haven't heard anything from you since last week." Sae Ron replied.

"Oh. About that, I'm so sorry. It's just that, we got some things going on during those times." Joo Hyuk said.

"Oh, it's okay. I understand. So what's up? Why did you call in the middle of the night?" Sae Ron asked.

"Actually I'm at the school dormitories now. I just came back from France yesterday and went here in case you're here but I guess you're still at your hometown?" Joo Hyuk explained.

"Oh, really? But there's a few more days left before school starts. Well, I could come back to the school dormitories tomorrow if you like. I really don't mind, because I've wanted to see you." Sae Ron stated.

"No. It's fine. I just wanted to talk about something. You don't have to rush to go back here. And tomorrow would not be a good time since we'll have an engagement party to attend to. Maybe on Monday?" Joo Hyuk exclaimed.

"Oh, sure." Sae Ron sounded disappointed. "Well, see on Monday then?" Sae Ron asked.

"Monday." Joo Hyuk confirmed. "You have to rest now. Sorry if I disturbed you but it was nice talking to you again, Sae Ron-ah. Have a good rest now. Good night." Joo Hyuk hanged up.

As soon as Yoon Ji Hoo got discharged from the hospital, Min Seo Hyun decided to go back to Korea because of an important client. She has to prepare the dress that the client's daughter would be wearing for her engagement party. And Joo Hyuk decided to go back with her since he wanted to talk with Sae Ron but ended up being alone with his friend Hyun Hyeong in the school dormitories.

"But why are you here? I thought you went back to your hometown with your brother?" Joo Hyuk asked.

"We're supposed to but my idiot kind of a brother got a lot of school works left to do and he made me stay to help him. Geez, my summer vacation really sucked." Hyun Hyeong complained, making Joo Hyuk laugh. "What about you then? Why did you come back so soon?" Hyun Hyeong asked and Joo Hyuk started to get tense.

"Well, I was hoping I'd see Sae Ron and talk about something." Joo Hyuk started and Hyun Hyeong waited for him to continue. "I.. I like Gu So Hyun." Joo Hyuk finished but Hyun Hyeong looked unsurprised.