Chapter 28: Date

It was Monday morning and So Hyun suddenly bolted upright from her bed. When she scanned her surrounding, she got confused. She wasn't in her room back at the dormitories but instead, she was in her room at their mansion.

"Ah, right. I got suspended so I don't have classes for the whole week." She realized.

So Hyun went to lie back on her bed and closed her eyes, thinking of going back to sleep. As soon as she closed her eyes, she remembered the scenes at the school cafeteria. She specifically remembered hearing Joo Hyuk said that he likes her.

"Was that true? Did I really hear him say that he has fallen for me? Or was it all just a dream?" She thought.

She was smiling all by herself while her eyes were still closed, remembering all that she heard from Joo Hyuk but then she immediately stopped from smiling and shot her eyes open at the same time when she remembered what happened between her and Sung Jae in New Caledonia.

"Seriously! I can't believe that Sung Jae have feelings for me too." So Hyun said to herself.

So Hyun was just lying back on her bed while staring at the ceiling. She kept thinking about what Sung Jae and Joo Hyuk saw in her that made them like her. She was so immersed in her thought that she jerked when her phone suddenly rang.

"Nam Joo Hyuk?" So Hyun read the name of her caller and she immediately answered her phone.

"So Hyun-ah, you're already awake?" Joo Hyuk sounded surprised that So Hyun would answer his call.

"If I'm not, would I be able to answer your call?" So Hyun replied, amused.

"Right. Haha. It's just that, I thought that you'd still be sleeping at this hour since we don't have classes." Joo Hyuk said. "By the way, good morning Gu So Hyun." Joo Hyuk greeted, smiling all to himself.

"Good morning to you too, Nam Joo Hyuk." So Hyun greeted back. "I forgot about being suspended and woke up early, thinking that I'll have to go to school. What about you? Did you also forget?" So Hyun asked.

"No. I actually didn't forget. It's just that I couldn't sleep. I haven't slept since last night, you know." Joo Hyuk informed and So Hyun gasped in surprised.

"What? But why? Do you have insomnia?" So Hyun sounded worried and it made Joo Hyuk smile.

"No." Joo Hyuk assured. "I just couldn't sleep thinking about YOU." Joo Hyuk confessed.

So Hyun was dumbfounded. She couldn't believe that Joo Hyuk had just said that. She was melting inside and she unknowingly dropped her phone on the bed. She quickly stood on the bed and started to jump excitedly. She kept on jumping until she remembered that Joo Hyuk was still calling and she automatically reached for her phone.