Chapter 17: Right Feelings for the Wrong Person

"Joo Hyuk-ah! Over there! I want to ride that one." Sae Ron exclaimed, gesturing to the roller coaster ride.

"Are you serious? Are you not scared of those?" Joo Hyuk asked.

"Of course I'm scared but as long as you're with me, I'll be okay." Sae Ron answered, blushing.

"Geez, you really know what to say. Fine. Let's ride that one then." Joo Hyuk declared.

And so, both Sae Ron and Joo Hyuk went to ride the roller coaster. After riding it, they continued on roaming around the amusement park. They were enjoying each other's company until it became dark and they decided to ride the cable car for their last stop.

Inside the cable car:

"Woah! What a nice view especially during this time of the day. What do you think Joo Hyuk-ah?" Sae Ron asked, glancing at Joo Hyuk.

"You're right." Joo Hyuk simply answered and paused. "But I still can't believe that you actually invited me to come here with you. What's the reason anyway?" Joo Hyuk asked, glancing back to see her reaction.

Sae Ron became silent. She couldn't tell him the real reason. She was afraid that if Joo Hyuk will know about Yoo Jung's idea of her inviting him to the amusement park, he might get disappointed.

"Well, that's because it's been a while since we got out so I thought I'd invite you to have some fun. Why? You don't think that it was fun?" Sae Ron became alarmed thinking about him not having fun with her.

"Ofcourse not! I was having a blast, really." Joo Hyuk recovered. "It's just so unusual, that's all. But I didn't say that it's a bad thing." Joo Hyuk added.

"Is that for real? I mean, it's not because you're not enjoying my company and thinking about some other girl, right?" Sae Ron asked, staring straight at Joo Hyuk.

"What? What do you mean.." Joo Hyuk was about to ask further when the cable car suddenly stopped, making everyone inside flinch and Sae Ron almost fell but Joo Hyuk caught her.

"What the.. What happened?" Sae Ron asked and panic could be heard from her voice.

"Are you alright?" Joo Hyuk asked. "The cable car stopped. Must be a blackout seeing that the lights are out." Joo Hyuk declared, still holding onto Sae Ron and he clearly could feel her trembling.

"I'm scared." Sae Ron whispered that only Joo Hyuk could hear.

"Don't be. I'm right here." Joo Hyuk assured.

"It's not what you think.." Sae Ron intervened. "I'm scared of losing you to her." She continued.

"What.. What are you talking about Sae Ron-ah?" Joo Hyuk asked, clearly confused by her words.