Chapter 18: School Festival

"Sohyunie! Wait! Where are you going?" Sung Jae called out, still running after So Hyun.

"Just go away!" So Hyun shouted back at him.

Sung Jae didn't know what's wrong with So Hyun but he continued on calling out her name. When he saw that So Hyun was about to get run up by a bicycle, he ran double his speed and grabbed her waist, pulling it towards him.

"Yah! You almost got hit! What were you thinking just now, Gu So Hyun?" Sung Jae scolded.

Sung Jae didn't hear anything from her and he was still holding onto her waist, hugging her. So Hyun on the other hand, never moved and she kept on holding onto Sung Jae's jacket and her face still buried on it. Sung Jae wondered what was going on with her and when he saw that she was trembling, he panicked.

"Sohyunie, are you still sick? Yah, why did you even go back here if you are? You should have stayed in your home and get rest. Aishhh.. You really are a handful brat, aren't you?" Sung Jae continued.

Sung Jae was expecting So Hyun to smack him and was about to brace his self for it, but it never came. Sung Jae became more alarmed so he tried to make her face him by grabbing her arms but she didn't budge.

"What's wrong?" Sung Jae tried again but still no word from her. "Yah! What the hell is your problem? Look at me!" He demanded and grabbed her arms even stronger and pushed it a little in order to see her face.

When he finally saw her face, he was shocked seeing her eyes red from crying. There were still some traces left of the tears that her eyes have let out. She must have tried to wipe her tears on his jacket just now, he thought.

"Did you just cry?" Sung Jae asked and So Hyun avoided his gaze. "Why?" He continued.

"It's nothing!" So Hyun answered. "Now, will you let go of me?" She demanded and tried to tug herself from his grip but Sung Jae didn't let go and instead, he tightened his grip even more.

"What is it? You're not telling me something." Sung Jae insisted. "Is it about Nam Joo Hyuk?" He continued.

Sung Jae had a feeling that So Hyun feels something special for Joo Hyuk but he ignored it, not wanting to know that his efforts will be all for nothing and he was never ready to accept that So Hyun has no feelings for him.

"TELL ME!" Sung Jae shouted, making So Hyun flinch.

So Hyun didn't answer and her silence told Sung Jae the truth. He let go of So Hyun but he didn't moved from where he was standing and was still staring at her blankly. So Hyun didn't move either and was still avoiding his gaze. They stayed like that for about a minute and then suddenly, So Hyun heard Sung Jae laughing. When So Hyun looked up to him, she became heartbroken. Sung Jae sure was laughing but she could tell that he was broken inside and she didn't know what the reason was for it but she knew that she have to do or say something.