Ch.23 Falling.

GINGER POV

"Why did she fall in love with me?" I asked myself frowning while scratching my head in disbelief. I can't find the right words to say when she confessed to me. I love Janine but not in a romantic way.

I sighed upon remembering the scene where I told Alessa the same. I shook my head afterwards, I don't want to enter in a complicated relationship again because I don't wanna be hurt anymore.

"She definitely got jealous when she saw my hickeys" I mumbled while touching my neck. I never saw her get  jealous to whoever I flirt with before but I'm sure that she just did a while ago.

She makes me happy I can't deny that and she's always there when I need someone to talk to. I trust her but there's a part of me that tells me that she's hiding something from me.

Recently, she asked for a car. I always fetch her before and after school so I'm really curious as to why does she need her own car. Also the money that I'm giving her seems to ran out fast. It's not that I'm being stingy, I'm just really wondering and I don't know if I should ask her or just leave it be.

I groaned before staring at the sky, the thought of Janine's sudden confession is really bugging me. She is special to me but I know to myself that I still love Alessa after all these years.

I closed my eyes afterwards and reminisced what happened between Alessa and I last night. It was wonderful, until the morning came and she ruined everything again.

"Maybe Janine is right, fate brought us together but not to have a happy ending but to end things in a nice way" I mumbled still my eyes closed. At least I had the chance to make love with her for the last time.

I opened my eyes afterwards and smiled when I saw Maya walking, she's heading to the cafeteria.

"Maya!" I called her three times before she noticed me.

"Hi" I greeted her as soon as she approached me. She sat down on the bench afterwards and gazed at me intently.

"Hey" I snapped at her while waving my hand on her face. She's gazing at me but it looks like she's in deep thought.

"Can't you two have sex without putting hickeys on your visible areas?" I frowned at her but I nodded in understanding as soon as I got what she meant.

I'm not surprised that she already know what happened between me and her friend.

"Sorry I haven't thought of that last night" I said while massaging my temple. My head suddenly hurt.

"Spill it" she said after a moment.

"Spill what?" I asked her confused.

She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms, she then poked my shoulder afterwards.

"You called me, why the hell did you call me if you're not gonna say anything? Unless... you just want to get my attention"

I don't really know why I called her, it was just a spur of the moment and I don't really have anything to say to her.

"Please if you want to have sex with me too don't put hickeys" she added which caused my eyes to widen in embarrassment.

What the hell is she saying?

"Hey chill" I said hastily while patting her shoulder.

"No I changed my mind, I will not have sex with you because I don't want to be slapped on the face twic-" she's talking too much so I did the most appropriate thing to do to shut a person up.

I kissed her. Her body stiffened but she responded to me after she recovered from shock. We stopped when we're almost out of breath.

"So you really don't want to have sex with me?" I asked grinning afterwards. She thought for a moment, she's taking my joke seriously.

"Well... since you're begging me-" I interrupted her by a loud laugh.

"Oh please Maya enough of that sex thing, I will not invite you to have sex with me okay?" She rolled her eyes at me as s response.

"Who slapped who?" I asked when I remember what she's about to say a while ago.

"No, nothing. So, do have something to ask? Or need to tell me?" She inquired, changing our topic.

We're close back when I was in high-school, I use to open up to her about my private life and my relationship with Alessa.

"Where's Alessa?"

"In her class why?" I averted my gaze to the students that are busy practicing soccer.

"Is she mad at me?" She leaned her back at the bench and crossed her arms.

"She's not, but you better stop thinking of her and stop thinking of what happened last night"

"I can't help it, last night was a blast, last night was---"

"Last night was a big mistake and last night will be just last night, nothing happened. I'm sorry but Alessa will be married soon to your father" she said interrupting me.

"I know" I said smiling bitterly.

"Don't complicate things Ginger, focus on Janine she's your girlfriend right?" I didn't respond.

"Think about your dad and if you can't forgive Alessa yet at least try to be civil" She's right, I should think of dad and forget already the past. Last night was clearly a mistake and it will never happen again.

I sighed in surrender before facing her.

"You're right, thank you. I'll be heading first" I said before standing up. I was about to walk when she grabbed my hand.

"Try to seek happiness to others, I'm tired of you faking a smile" I looked down at her and forced myself to smile again.

"How can I find happiness if the only person that can give me that is already gone" she pressed my hand gently before standing up as well.

"There are lots of people that can give you that happiness, the problem is you are seeking that to someone who obviously can't give you that" she leaned closer and gave me a peck on the corner of my lips.

She didn't change, her advice is always the best. She Janine are good in giving advices.

"Why don't you and Janine be my girlfriend? I bet that would be fun" I suggested but she shook her head.

"Nope, don't be greedy" she said before walking ahead of me.

"I should invite Janine for dinner in my house tonight" I mumbled.

                           •M•E•G•I•M•N•M