Ch.31 Realization sucks.

EMMAN POV

My parents betrayed me, they took advantage of my weakness to make me leave my family and I spent my fifteen years looking for them. I couldn't wish anything more than finding them, that's why when I found Ginger my life became brighter again.

My heart is only for Melanie, it never came to my mind that I will love again until I met Alessa Mendez. It sounds corny for my age but it's the truth, I Emman Fernandez, thirty nine years old, fell in love with a twenty-two-year old maiden. She makes me happy, she makes me complete, she can fill the things that Melanie didn't have the chance to give when she died.

I leaned on the couch reminiscing all the things that happened with my life since I found my daughter. I reached for my phone afterwards and gazed at my wallpaper, it's a photo of me and Alessa. I really miss her already and I can't wait to see her again.

"Hello?" She answered after the third ring.

"Hello A! I miss you so much, it's so cold here the heavy snow are starting to form" I said cheerfully, it's not my usual time of call but I really need to hear her voice.

"I miss you too, how are things there?" She inquired. I can sense that she's doing something but I can't figure it out.

"It's fine here, one more week I'm home and I'm so excited. By the way how's Ginger?"

"Oh she---" I frowned when she's interrupted.

"A? You still there?" I asked anxiously.

"Yeah, yeah she's fine, she said she misses you too" I smiled after hearing her response.

"I am too! I'm happy that you two are getting closer" I'm planning on booking a trip to Palawan for the three of us when I come back.

"Did you just moan?" I asked suspiciously. I'm not sure of what I heard but I want to be sure.

Is she having someone over? I asked mentally.

"No...no, I gasped because the book that I'm holding fell on my right foot" I sighed in relief upon hearing her explanation. I don't know what I'm gonna do if I find out that she's having an affair.

"Oh, be careful next time okay? anyway I have to go, I love you" I have a business meeting today so I really have to go because my client texted me already.

"I love you too" It's a bit strange because it took her a while to respond but I shook it off my head  because I'm already in a hurry.

When I come back I will make sure to plan for my wedding and make it the most extravagant and memorable wedding of the year. I never once doubt her love for me, I know that she loves me and I trust her. I'm happy that Ginger is very supportive for the both of us even though her soon to be mom is just about her age.

I smiled when Ginger came to my mind again, I'm glad that she already found her happiness through Janine. It breaks my heart before when she told me about her ex-girlfriend that disappeared without saying anything.

Ginger loved her so much and it took her three years to finally stop talking about her. I was in deep thought when my phone rang.

"Sir, I now know the name of Ginger's ex-girlfriend" said by the private detective that I hired. I am very intrigued with that girl because Ginger never mentioned her name.

"Good, So what's her name?" I asked curiously. I'm thinking her name would be Megan or Sydney.

I leaned my back on the couch while waiting for the detective's response. I frowned when I heard him sigh.