Chapter 9

( this is going to be short. Sorry! I'm really stressed with school, and I'm getting no sleep lately so I apologize )

----

I quickly walked inside the building fearing that there was a sniper watching me- or someone in the crowd of people following me. I walked towards the elevator, and stopped pressing the button. I stepped back and waited. I could here the motors whirring to life as the elevator lowered to my level. There was a ding, and the doors opened, men and women in business suits filling out. I waited for the elevator to empty before stepping inside. There was about five more people with me and I pressed the button to the 34th floor. I stepped back and squeezed in the corner as the others pressed the button to there destination. The doors closed, and I waited quietly as the elevator rose. I heard a snap outside of the elevator and it started to rise. I could feel it shake a little as it rose.

'Don't be paranoid (y/n). It's just a rusty elevator.'

My hands start to get sweaty as the elevator rises. I hold on to the rail and then everything turned black. There was a single red light at the top of the small space and the emergency button was glowing. My eyes teared up. I heard someone crying, and for a moment I felt comforted by the fact that I wasn't the only person terrified. In the dark space, I could see all heads turned towards me. I was the girl crying. I was the one who was crying because of the thought of someone grabbing me in the dark terrified me, and I was way too scared to sleep with the light off. That's how much this situation drove me insane. I fell to the floor and started sobbing. A lady in a suit kneeled down before me and out a hand on a my shoulder.

"Are you alright sweetie?" She asks.

"I-I'm scared," I cry. Tears soak my cheeks, and she pulls something out of her bag- a phone. The other man pushes the glowing red button. There was a creaking somewhere above the elevator. I looked up, my heart beating out of my chest. Then i was lifted off of the floor. The elevator was falling. My head slammed into the safety handle as the elevator dropped. There was a loud bang as I flew forward, and my head hit the wall. Then it stopped. I was thrown into the ground again, and my head slammed into the floor. I cried out in pain as the elevator shook. The doors opened. We were just above the floor beneath us. There was about a three foot space to crawl out of, then a four foot drop to the floor beneath us. I could see through the gap- I saw Levi. He stopped and dropped his stuff, rushing over to us. Multiple people crowded around.

"Hey! Are you guys okay!" A man calls out.

"Yeah! This girls got a pretty bad cut though!" A man inside the elevator replies.

"Is she conscious?" I heard a guy say- it was Levi.

"Uh.. Yeah!" He says back.

"Okay try to get through the gap and jump to the floor. It's not that far of a drop at all."

"Okay," the man says. He sits down, hanging his feet over the side of the elevator and slips out, dropping onto the floor beneath. The woman stays but my side as the men exit the elevator. She pressed her coat against my head to stop the blood.

"Okay. I'm going next, and I'll help you out the same time as me okay?" She says. I nod, and she sits me up, bringing me towards the gap. She throws her purse out and takes off her heels, jumping down, leaving me sitting at the ledge of the gap. Levi and another man who I reconized as Erwin stepped forward to catch me. I heard a snap and I looked up.

"(Y/N)!"

----
Cliff hangers are great
----