Chapter 17

(Play the song)

The lights went out.

Then the emergency lights turned back on.

"Ladies, follow me," A says. I stand up, and follow them, but Isabelle stays put.

"Isabelle!?" I whisper shout.

She stares ahead at the wall and doesn't move.

I turn around and reach out to grab her, but was yanked back harshly as I tried to grab her. She jumped as my body hit the cold floor, and quickly stood up. She grabbed me by the waist and stood me on my feet.

"Ladies, our prom king is going to get impatient," they say. I look up and continue walking. They open the heavy door leading to the hallway where flashing emergency lights were the only source of light. I grabbed Isabelle's hand, and we followed closely behind. Turning corner after corner became more terrifying until we turned around one corner, and A was staring back at us with an insane smile.

"Now ladies, were hear. Make an entrance or I'll kill you."

We give each other a quick glance before the doors were pushed open. On the dance floor were around thirty plastic models and on each and every one of them was a beautiful dress and jewelry. I looked around and one model caught my eye. It was staring directly at me, and I looked back down at it with a look of fear. I grabbed Isabelle's hand and we walked quietly down the stairs, the only sound in the room was our heels clicking against the floor.

"Let's get some punch," Isabelle whispered to me. I gulped and looked ahead.

"Paris elle danse dans les rues

comme les anges pieds nus A paris

As tu jamais les belles filles qui se

promenent a paris"

I looked around as the music started playing.

We walked over to the food table, and Isabelle walked behind it.

She picked up the spoon from the punch bowl, and dropped it on the ground. I watched as she bent over to pick it up, and took off her heels instead. She kicked one heel under the table and hid the other one by putting it between her legs and putting the long dress over her feet.

"What are you doing?"

She put the spoon on the table and looked at me.

"If they try to hurt us, I'll use the heel to defend us," she says. My eyes widened.

'How smart is she!?'

"I see," I reply.

"Ladies and gentlemen!" I turn towards the stage to see a microphone that lacked a living speaker.

At the microphone was a model in a black tuxedo and red and yellow mask.

But it's voice was different.

And he wasn't there earlier.

"It's time to announce the prom queen for this year!"

The voice was coming from the 'model', and he turned to the side.

He's right in front of us. A's accomplice.

"The winner of this years prom is..."

There was a silence as he opened the envelope.

"Also the survivor of this place..."

The voice sounded too familiar.

Didn't it?

I lost my train of thought, and my name was called. I turned around and looked at my sister, wide eyed.

"You're not going to die," I whisper.

I walk quietly up to the stage, and the man holds out his hands. I gently place my fingers in his, and he looked at me through the completely black mask.

Slow music started playing again.

----

Isabelle started walking towards the door as me and the man in the mask danced. He was a very good dancer, and I feared that if I couldn't keep up, I would be killed. The song came to the last chorus as Isabelle tried to open the door. I did a twirl, and the guy caught me in his arms.

"(Y/n), I'm sorry," he says quietly. This wasn't the same voice from before- the one who I couldn't see.

"Who are you?" I ask. I look back up at them with teary eyes.

He slowly stood the both of us up and looked at me. He pulled the mask from his face revealing the black mask that had been underneath the masquerade mask. He unzipped the mask, and pulled it back, revealing a familiar face.

"I'm not your enemy," he says.

"How am I supposed to know that...."

"Because I'm -"

----

You won't know now😈

My eyes widened.