Chapter 15

(Possible trigger warning. Please be careful and take care of yourselves. Thank you)

Ashley grabbed my arm and pulled me towards the jewelry. She stopped and turned me around. For once I saw fear in her bloodshot eyes.

"It's A, right?" She asks. I look down.

"Let's talk... Please," she says. She waves At the others letting them know that "nothing" was wrong.

"Let's go to the dressing rooms."

I follow her as she leads me and the air seems to get heavier.

She led me into dressing room number 5 and closed the door.

"(Y/n)-"

There was a loud noise and the power went out.

I couldn't see a thing.

I heard a scream.

I couldn't find the door.

I backed myself into the corner and waited.

Something lightly hit the floor, and somewhere a wooden panel squeaked.

"Shhhhh."

I fell to the ground and looked around at nothing.

Just darkness.

There was a struggled grunt.

"(Y/n)... I'm a-"

There was a crack and a snap and some other sounds I couldn't begin to describe.

The lights turned on.

She stared back at me.

I screamed.

"ASHLEY!"

I run over to her and pull on the rope as she struggles to break free. Tears run down my face and the paneled ceiling broke. I panel fell from above and landed next to us. She had her hands around the rope and her face was red.

"Everyone.... Thought..."

"Stop!"

I try to pull the rope off.

"It was me." She smiled and her hands dropped do her sides. I let go and backed up into the corner. A single tear slipped from her eyes that were permanent closed. I stopped crying and stared in shock. I couldn't believe what was in front of me. I had thought that it was her all along... And now she was killed by the real A. And I couldn't bring her back.

"Hello!?" I heard a voice call out.

I let out a sob and I heard footsteps getting closer.

The door was thrown open.

"Oh my god."

I looked up and the door and saw an employee.

She grabbed me and picked me up, basically dragging me out of the dressing room. I stare back at the door swinging open and see Ashley's corpse.

I started hyperventilating.

This couldn't be right.

I couldn't breathe.

Tears ran down my face.

I looked around and my eyes met Annie's. Her and the others stood there, wide eyed.

"NO!" Annie yells. She bursts through the door and falls down next to the motionless body.

Tears stream down her face as she looks up.

Her glare seems to melt through my skull.

"Why would you do this?"

Everything went black for a minuet, and I stared around in confusion. There was a beep.

Nothing but black enveloped me.

"(Y/n)"

I looked around.

"(Y/n)"

I stopped and stared ahead.

"It's time to wake up."

I sat up, cold sweat running down my face. My vision was temporarily blurred by the blinding lights.

"Why am I in the hospital?"

"Hehehehe!"

I turn my head.

"Welcome! I'm A!"

And there they were. No mask. Nothing covering their face. Nothing hiding who they were. And I was right in front of them.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Five chapters until the heartbreaking reveal.
-------------------------------------------------------------