Chapter 14

Sorry if this is sloppy. I just got three teeth pulled and I'm in a lot of pain.
----

I woke up to my phone ringing in my ear.

"Hello?"

"Hey. It's Ashley."

"Hi???"

"Oh. I was wondering if you'd go shopping with me and my friend Annie and her boyfriend Armin," she asked.

(I'm sorry I had to make it canon.)

"Oh... Where?" I ask, standing up.

"Rose county mall," she responds.

"Oh, yeah I can go, when?"

"When I pick you up in thirty minuets," she says.

'What the- hold on... I'm going crazy'

"Okay... Sorry I was thinking."

(About what??)

"Okay. Bye. Be ready."

'What the hell?'

I got dressed and went into the kitchen. Levi sat at the table, slowly picking at his food.

"Levi..."

"What is it," he asks.

"Are you okay?" He turns the chair around and stands up, looking at me. There was small
Bags under his eyes, and he looked tired on top of that.

"I am," he says. "I'm sorry, but I have to be at work soon. I'll see you tonight." I stand there in silence as he leaves. And I just stare at the empty chair.

"Did he forget my birthday...?" I mutter out loud. I grab a granola bar and go to the bathroom. As I close the door and walk into the living room, an eerie silence creeps upon the empty space.

"Hello?" I look around to find that the lights were off.

"Who's here..." I say, gulping. I turn around and a hand covers my eyes. I scream loudly, and try to kick at whomever was behind but end up falling. I start crying, and lay still.

"(Y-Y/n)? It's just us!" I turn around to see Ashley, Annie, Armin and two other people. The two others looked down a little scared. The girl had short red hair, and the guy had dirty blonde hair.

"I'm sorry! We were trying to surprise you!" She says, helping me up.

"Calm down dude!" I laughed and wiped my cheeks.

"Sorry. You know what happened lately..."

"Yeah..." There was an awkward tension in the room and it only seemed to inflate.

"Well... Uhm hi! I'm Isabelle, and this is Farlan," the girl speaks up.

"Nice to meet you. I'm (y/n)," I say. She smiles back, and I look at Annie and Armin.

"Oh! Uhh... Hi! I'm Armin, this is Annie," the boy speaks up.

"Nice to meet you," I say. Ashley smiles and looks at us.

"Ready to go?"

"Yup!!"

---------

I awkwardly followed the girls through the mall, not knowing what to do. Annie didn't seem to have much interest either. She slowed down and walked next to me.

"So you're getting married to Levi?" She asks.

"Yeah," I reply.

"Oh. He used to go to college with me, but we ended up working in two different companies."

"Really? Where do you work?"

"I work as a wildlife forensics specialist," she says.

(Idek that was a thing when I wrote this, but it is)

"That's really cool!"

"Yeah, but I only work with animal related deaths. It's pretty weird," she replies.

"It sounds kind of scary," I say.

"Not really. I don't get scared easily," she replies.

"Oh that's a diff-"

"Hey guys, let's go to Rue21!"

"Oh- okay," me and Annie respond. We followed behind them as they walked into the store.

"Hey, look at this," Ashley says, holding up a shirt. It was a black shirt with a ninja star on it. In red letters were the words; 'secretly a ninja' I smiled and laughed. Isabelle looked around, then grabbed a necklace from the rack.

"Look. A for Annie. Or Ashley!" Annie smiled slightly and took the necklace.

"It's pretty. How much?" Isabelle excitedly asks.

"Uhm... Five dollars?"

"Where did it say that? I couldn't find it!?" Isabelle asks.

"On the back.... Obviously," Annie replies. Isabelle frowns.

"Sorry," Annie says.

"Ahh, I'll let you go this time," she laughs. I looked at my phone as it buzzed.

"Who is it?" Ashley asks, staring at me.

"Umm..." I look down at the screen.

"A..."

"Friend of mine," I quickly correct myself. What's going on? We caught A... What if one of them was A? I can't trust anyone...