Chapter 5

Hey you guys!!! how are you all!!! hope you have fun reading this chapter!! :)

cheers! :) 

P S : sorry in case of errors! :)

Chapter 5 

"Hey do you want something to eat?" asks Sonam looking at Sam who was sitting on the couch starting at the TV. 

"No..I am not hungry..you have your dinner." He says. 

"Aww Sammy..I'll make you your favorite! Please eat." Says Sonam with puppy dog eyes. 

"You will make Indian food now? Because you know I love that biriyani thingy but is it not difficult to make?" he says eying her skeptically. 

"Well..if you really want to eat it we can order it from that Indian restaurant you like." Says Sonam smiling. 

"Well....fine order it." he says giving up. 

They order the food and eat it while watching TV. 

"You know what I don't get Sonu, Hilary and I were together for almost twelve years and I thought we were happy you know...I never wanted to be with anyone else or ...anything like that..I was always committed to her and...I don't know....is something wrong with me? Am I that unlovable?" asks Sam with a painful expression.

"Oh...Sammy..don't think like that...sometimes things don't work out, you have to try your best and accept the facts. You are the sweetest guy I know. It's her loss. I love you. I have always loved you...you are my best friend." She says trying to cover up the fact that she meant something else entirely. 

Sam looks at her and smiles, "Thank you Sonu. You always make me feel better." 

"Any time." She says and they hug it out. 

He bids her goodnight and heads towards the guest room. 

Sonam sighs out in relief, 'Almost blurted it out! Damn!'  

*** 

*Past* 

"Dhruv...do you really have to go back to India?" Pouts Sonam holding his hands at the airport. 

"Oh..honey, I'll miss you a lot but I need to meet those clients and help my dad. You know how these things are." He says kissing her lightly. 

"Hmm..I know." Sighs Sonam. 

"So how are you heading back home?" 

"Oh, Sam's coming to pick me up." Says Sonam. 

"Oh good. Love you my fiancé. Bye." He says kissing her one more time. 

"Love you babe. Bye." Waves Sonam as he heads towards the boarding area. 

Sonam looks at him until he is out of sight and heads towards the exit looking for Sam. 

"Hey Sammy, what are you doing out here? I thought you would meet Dhruv before he left." Says Sonam looking at Sam who standing near the parking area. 

"Oh...I was not in the mood." He says in a dull voice. 

"Sam are you ok?" 

"No...Hilary and I broke up." Sighs Sam. 

"What? Why?!" 

"Well..umm.. Can we go to my place. I don't want to talk about it here." 

"Sure, I'll drive. Give me the keys." Says Sonam getting in to the car. 

After a half hour drive they reach his apartment and head inside. 

"So tell me what happened?" asks Sonam. 

"Well, it was silly really...well at least to me....We met up at her place last night. She threw a party and invited all of her college friends. I wanted to spend time with her you know....going to different schools and all was kind of taking a toll on us. Anyway I didn't mind meeting her friends so I was talking to everyone and was having a pretty good time. After a while I went towards the kitchen and she was standing with this guy who was totally hitting on her and she was flirting with him." Says Sam all in one breath. 

"Oh really!? How come?" asks Sonam surprised and shocked at the same time. 

"I don't know but I got really mad and dragged her out of the room. She got mad saying that I was possessive and controlling and that we are done! I got really pissed and stormed out of the apartment. Later I called her because I knew it was a silly fight but she said that she doesn't want to be with me anymore and that it's ...officially over." Says Sam breathing heavily. 

"Oh Sam....I don't know what to say..I am sure that she will get back together with you... Just give her some time. Ok." Says Sonam hugging Sam who was sitting on the couch. 

He pulls Sonam out of the hug and looks at her. 

"What would I do without Sonu." He says and before she could say anything he leans in towards her and kisses her gently. 

For a minute Sonam didn't know how to react. That one small kiss sent electric sparks through her body. She was feeling completely exhilarated. She never felt anything like this before and never expected to kiss Sam. She had given up hope long ago when he had started dating Hilary. Not even Dhruv her fiancé made her feel this way. 

Then it suddenly struck her. 'I am engaged! And he is my best friend.' 

She suddenly breaks the kiss, grabs her purse and rushes out of the apartment.

***

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED