Chapter 16

hELLO all!!!

Hope you like this one and sorry if there are any  errors!! 

I would like to dedicate this chapter to nes075! :)  thank you for your support and encouragement dear! :)

Cheers!

Chapter 16 

*A week later* 

"Hey how are you feeling now?" asks Sam sitting near Sonam in her room. 

It's been a week since the shooting and Sam had very much recovered. Sonam too was feeling a lot better but was working from home.  

"I am ok." She says nodding. 

"Sonu, you can talk about it you know."  

"Sam, please just..not now..I am working." She says grabbing her laptop. 

Sonam was feeling guilty because Dhruv shot himself. She knew that it wasn't her fault but she somehow felt bad for him. She was also wondering what would have happened if Sam had been killed. 

She couldn't shake off that image from her head. 

"Oh..ok." he says and walks out of the room. 

As for the love confession which had taken place both of them have been avoiding the topic ever since. 

Milly had spoken to Sonam several times regarding it, "You need to address the elephant in the room, you can't avoid an elephant!"   To which Sonam would sigh and put her head phones on.

*The night of the shooting* 

As Dhruv pulled the trigger the first bullet missed them and hit the wall. The waiter who was with them had run off to call the police. 

The second one hit Sam as he tried to shield Sonam. As the bullet hit Sam's leg he screamed in pain. Sonam immediately tried to grab him and run out of the room but as she was doing so Dhruv shot her as well and she collapsed to the ground. 

"You both can never be together. Sam will suffer because I killed you Sonam." 

He points the gun to his head and shoots himself. 

***

Sonam wakes up covered in sweat. She looks at the clock on her bed side table. It's two in the morning. 

'I can't handle this. I need to get away. I know Dhruv is not here anymore and he can't hurt us but what about Hilary? And Nate?! Oh god! Nate! I totally forgot about him! He is dating Mark! I need to warn Mark!' 

Sonam immediately grabs her phone and calls Mark. 

"Hello..is the world ending again or something? " says Mark in a sleepy voice. 

"Mark, it's me Sonam, I need to talk to you about something really important. Come and meet me at my place after you wake up. Ok?"  

"What happened Sonam? Is everything all right?" 

"Yes, but I really need to talk to you." 

"Ok, I'll see you first thing in the morning. You take care love." he says and hangs up. 

Sonam grabs her laptop from her desk and switches it on. She had come to a decision. She writes an email to her boss. She grabs her credit card from her purse. After that she finishes some of her pending work and falls asleep again.

In the morning, Sam enters Sonam's room with a breakfast tray. 

"Good morning Sonu." He says.