Chapter 9

Hello my lovely readers!! How is it going? Hope you like this one!! :)

Oh sorry in case of errors!! Do tell me where they are so that i can correct them!! :)

Have fun reading! comment and vote!!

Oh also i think you guys should check out the book called, "I DO...DO I?"!!!

Its written by @mecuppycake!!!

Just like her sweet user name the story is also sweet, adorable and funny! So please do support and encourage her!! ITS HER FIRST BOOK!! (we all know how that feels right! ?)

Also i would like to dedicate this chapter to her! :) 

Cheers! :)

Chapter 9 

"That..B***h!" says Sonam angrily looking at Hilary kissing someone. 

"Sam are you ok?" she says looking at him. 

"I...I ..umm..need to go." says Sam with a wounded expression. 

"No! wait here!" says Sonam and starts walking towards Hilary. 

"Sonu! Don't!" says Sam. 

But by then Sonam reaches the park bench and stands near them as Sam comes running towards her. 

"Hey Hilary! Is this your new boy toy?! You ditched Sam for this idiot!" says Sonam pointing a finger at the guy's back. 

Hilary looks at her shocked as the guy slowly turns around to look at them. 

"Oh... my ..god!!..Dhruv!!!." whispers Sonam as she falls back. 

Sam immediately catches hold of her. 

"Dhruv!..you cheated on Sam with Dhruv..." says Sonam now in tears. 

"Shh..Sonu let's go." Says Sam pulling her up. 

"For the record Hilary, you are the worst human being ever!" says Sam angrily and turns to leave with Sonam who was literally leaning on him for support. 

He takes her back to the apartment and they both sit on the couch. 

"Sonu, here drink some water." Says Sam handing her a glass of water. 

Sonam drinks a little water, puts down the glass and looks at Sam. 

"Sammy! I am sorry! This is all my fault!" says Sonam. 

"What?! Sonu! Don't be ridiculous! This is not your fault!" says Sam. 

"But it is! If I had never met Dhruv, this would never have happened." She says dejectedly. 

"Shh! Sonu look at me. Things happen for a reason! I really did love Hilary and I still do but....it's just that..I...have ..to.tell.." says Sam as they hear a knock on the door. 

Sonam looks at him apologetically and gets up to open the door. 

"Mrs.Dawson! hey!" says Sonam hugging her. 

"Hello dear! How are you? Are you crying?" she says hugging her back. 

"Oh no! I just got something in my eye." Says Sonam escorting her in to the living room. 

They both walk towards the couch and sit. 

"Hey mom." Says Sam. 

"So when were you going to tell me that you are getting divorced?!" she says looking at him accusingly. 

"Umm..." he says looking at Sonam helplessly. 

"I'll make us something to eat. Why don't you talk to your mom Sam?" says Sonam and goes in to the kitchen. 

Mrs.Dawson is a sweet, kind hearted woman but when something pisses her off you would not want to steer clear of her. 

Sam sits beside his mom and tells her everything. 

"Oh my! Is that why Sonam was crying! Poor girl! She is already been through so much." Says Mrs.Dawson sympathetically. 

"Yes, but she is really strong." Says Sam. 

" Yes, that is true. Sam, can I suggest something?" says his mom. 

"Yes. What is it?" he says. 

"Well.. you see I know that you have feelings for Sonam. You have had feelings for her ever since you were kids. Why don't you tell her?" she says looking at him. 

"Wh..what...mom...I.." he says but she stops with a wave of her hand and says, "Don't deny it dear. You went on to marry Hilary just because you were literally in denial. I am not saying that you confess your feelings now itself or that you did not love Hilary but it's about time you confess your feelings." 

"Ahh..I know that expression! You can take your time and get over Hilary but don't lose Sonam over it." says Mrs.Dawson with a knowing expression. 

"But mom, she is my best friend. I don't think she sees me that way." He says. 

"Then you are blind boy. No woman would care for you as she does. Even when you were married to Hilary she was always there for you. She played the role of a very good friend. That is what love is, to always be there for someone no matter what!" Says Mrs.Dawson. 

He looks at his mother and says "I'll think about it." 

"Mrs.Dawon, would you like to stay for dinner?" asks Sonam coming out of the kitchen carrying two coffee mugs. 

"Oh no dear! May be some other time. Mr.Dawson and I have to attend a dinner party. I'll just have the coffee." She says taking the mug. 

"Oh sure, some other time then." Says Sonam smiling. 

"So Sam I was thinking, why don't you both take the next week off from work?" says Mrs.Dawson. 

"Why ever would we do that mom?" asks Sam. 

"Well Sonam dear did you forget? It's your cousin Shilpa's wedding and your mother told me that you will be taking the entire week off so we all can go together." Says Mrs.Dawson. 

"Oh yes! Damn I totally forgot! I was going to tell you today Sam." she says sheepishly. 

"Oh that's ok. So I guess Shilpa's getting married eh?" he says smiling. 

"I guess she is." Says Sonam trying to suppress her laughter. 

"What's so funny you two?" asks Mrs.Dawson. 

"Nothing." Says Sam as he is reminded of how Shilpa used to relentlessly hit on him and how Sonam always made sure that he was found by her! 

"Well ok then. I'll see you both at the wedding." Says Mrs Dawson hugging both of them and winking at Sam. 

"Bye mom." He says kissing her on the cheek and sighing. 

"Bye dear. You take care and Sonam dear you too." Says Mrs.Dawson as Sam escorts her to the elevator. 

"Oh by the way, where is the wedding?" asks Sam. 

"It's in the Hamptons. Whoosh!" says Sonam gesturing as if an airplane would take off.

***

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED