Chapter 19

HEy guys!!! how are you all doing?

so sorry in case if errors!!! :)

Ohh thanks a lot you guys!! This book has officially crossed ovet 2000 reads!!! 2034 to be exact!! wohoo!! :) 

Oh btw do check out the song!! i posted the link on the side! I think it suits Sonam and Sam's situation! So do listen to it !! Its a beautiful song!! :)

Oh i would like to dedicate this chapter to my new reader @Diamonddew!!! thank you so much for your lovely heart felt comments dear!!! :)

Cheers!!

xoxo!!!

Chapter 19 

"Oh...Sam." 

"Um...I'll head home. You give me a call later Sonam. Bye." Says Mark hugging her and walks out of the door. 

"Are you going to Japan?" 

"Um..yes.." 

"When? Why didn't you tell me anything?" 

"Sam, I was about to tell you but you heard it from Mark." Says a distressed Sonam. 

"Well..so...why are you going?" 

"I am going there on a work assignment." 

"How long will you be gone?" 

"A...umm... a year." Says Sonam in a meek voice. 

"A..year?" says Sam with a shocked expression. 

"Umm..yes, I need to get away Sam. I know we didn't talk about the.....kiss and I know what I am doing may look selfish but I need to do this for me....I need to do this for us...if there is going to be an us....i need to leave...or else I will ruin the one chance we have." Says Sonam with an anguish expression. 

"But Sonu...why are you so sure that we won't last. It's different what you and me have. We are best friends Sonam." Says Sam with determination etched across his face. 

"That's the reason Sam! We have known each other since like forever and if I make a mistake we will lose our friendship."

"We won't Sonam! I know this might sound cheesy but I know that we will make it last." Says Sam with an agonized expression. 

"Sam......you might think that but...I am not like you...I have been hurt...I have a broken heart Sam and it might never heal! You don't deserve such a heart! My heart is damaged and I don't think it will ever recover....you of all people know that and you of all people shouldn't end up with someone like me." says Sonam sobbing. 

Sam walks towards her and holds her. 

"Sonu...I think you are an amazing woman and don't you ever say that you don't deserve me! I ...L.." 

"Shh!" says Sonam putting her index finger on his lips. 

"Don't say it Sam. please! I need to go Sam. I am a wreck as it is and I lost my dad too. So please, I need to leave. I know a year is a long period of time so...um... you can move on....I know you will find someone much better and worthy.....My flight leaves tomorrow morning. I need to pack." Says Sonam kissing him gently on his cheek. 

She walks off to her room and locks the door.

Sam stands still in the living room with a blank expression on his face. After what feels like an eternity he walks in to the kitchen and grabs a bottle of water and drinks it quickly. He then sighs out loud and walks out of the apartment.