Chapter 25 - Promise Me

Author's note: Finally got back to my dad's house where there's wifi :D Been writing a bit at home so get ready for a few chapters :)

Eliza and Draco had been having a hard time coping over the past few weeks. After fleeing from Hogwarts, they had been taken to Malfoy Manor, and were greeted by the familiar screaming of people coming from the basement.

The amount of screaming had become increased, and so had the meetings with the Dark Lord. Draco had spent many nights being awoken from fitful sleeping by a shaken Eliza, who had been having many nightmares herself.

She had made it a habit of hers to sneak into his room at night after waking up in a cold sweat, and whispering to him, begging him to wake up and be there with her.

Draco enjoyed this, as he too needed to have Eliza there with him in order to sleep as peacefully as could be achieved. The pair had become rather dependent on one another in these hard times, and were the only things preventing each other from letting go of their sanity.

One night in particular, Eliza struggled to sleep, even with Draco.

"Draco." She whispered.

"Yes, darling." He whispered back sleepily.

"If... if they ever do find out about me... I need you to promise me something." She whispered unsurely.

"Liza, they're not going to find out." Draco grumbled into her hair.

"Draco, we need to face the fact that it is still a possibility." She said.

"I'm not interested in hearing this Eliza. They are never going to find out." He replied surely.

"Just humour me, then."

Draco let out a deep sigh.

"Fine." He mumbled.

"I need you to promise me that if they ever find out, you won't let them find out about us. I will not take you down with me, I'd rather die." She said desperately.

Draco's grip around her waist tightened.

"No." He said abruptly.

"Draco."

"NO." He said again.

Eliza turned to face him with a serious expression. Her eyes were glistening.

"Please promise me. Knowing that you're safe will be the only thing that stops me from taking my own life if I get caught." She whispered, tears starting to run down her face.

"Please don't make me do this." Draco begged, clenching his jaw as his own eyes started watering.

"Draco, you must, for me." She choked out.

After a long silence, Draco finally spoke.

"Alright." He said softly, pulling her closer.

Eliza let out a strangled sob as she buried her head into his chest.

"Thank you." She choked out.

Draco rubbed small circles on her back, and held his breath, trying to stop himself from crying too.

"The things you make me do for you, Eliza Macnair." He murmured into her ears.