Chapter 31 - The Great Escape

Author's note: Hello all my beautiful and intelligent readers! ;) I hope you're all still enjoying my fanfic. I sense it will be ending soonish. Here's two chapters. Great to have wifi again :D

*Not edited*.

Draco couldn't bear to look, as Bellatrix interrogated Granger. Hearing her cry and scream only reminded him of Eliza. For a moment, he considered sneaking downstairs and freeing her, but he knew he would get caught.

He would have to wait for his first plan to kick in, and hope for the best. He felt relieved at his decision not to go and free Eliza, since Wormtail was sent back only minutes later to retrieve a goblin from the cellar.

After Wormtail roughly seated the goblin in a chair nearby, Bellatrix got up, leaving Granger lying helplessly on the floor, with the bloody word 'mudblood' engraved into her arm.

He had started to despise that word. He still recalled the days when he used to call Granger a mudblood, and Eliza. He hated himself for ever being so judgemental and narrow minded.

Just because a person was muggle-born, didn't mean that they were any less capable of doing magic. Look at Granger, who was the brightest witch of her year, and Eliza, who was among the top brightest witches and wizards in her own year.

Draco's train of thought was soon cut short by the heavy sounds of footsteps, and then the whooshing sound of a spell flying past him. He saw his parents start to defend themselves, and so he did the same.

He easily blocked all of Harry's hexes, but was reluctant to aim too accurately. For once, he wanted Potter to win... if it meant that Voldemort could be killed and Eliza would be safe.

Draco was surprised when Potter and Weasel suddenly stopped duelling, and stared cautiously to a spot behind him. He turned to see Bellatrix holding Granger, with a knife to her throat.

"Drop your wands. I said drop them!" She said venomously.

They both let their wands roll out of their hands and onto the floor.

"Come on Draco, now!" Bellatrix said.

Draco quickly bent down and picked up the wands.

"Well well well, look what we have here. It's Harry Potter. He's all bright and shiny and new again. Just in time for the Dark Lord. Call him." She said, smirking.

Draco's father stepped forward, and drew up his sleeve. As he was about to say the summoning spell, he was interrupted by a squeaking sound. Everyone looked up, to find Dobby, sitting upon the chandelier, unscrewing it.

The chandelier dropped, causing Bellatrix to scream as her and Granger went separate ways. In the commotion, Potter had run towards Draco, and grabbed at the wands in his hand.

Draco put up a fight, but only because his own wand was among them. He tried to send a message to Potter with his eyes, but he didn't seem to pick it up the way Eliza would, and eventually pried the wands out of his hand.

After that, everything happened so fast. Lucius and Narcissa were made defenceless, and Bellatrix was on a rant about Dobby betraying his masters.

Then Dobby apparated away, and Bellatrix threw her knife. It seemed as if everything was in slow motion at that point. Draco watched the knife glint viciously, as it flew into the cloud of Dobby's apparation shadow, and disappeared.

Draco feared the worst. It was clear that the knife would hit someone. He just hoped that Dobby had found it in his heart to forgive him for treating him so poorly in the past, and decided to rescue Eliza after all. If he did, he knew she would be safe.

Immediately he flew downstairs, not caring if people followed him. When he got to the bottom of the stairs, he saw that the gate of the cellar was open. Peering through the darkness, he walked through the cellar to make sure nobody was still there.

He let out a sigh of relief. She's safe. Bellatrix let out a growl of frustration.

"I hope that elf is dead!" She shouted, looking around the empty cellar in shock and anger.