Trouble in Paradise

--------------------------------------------------Jake's P.O.V-------------------------------------------------------

I was startled awake by loud knocking at my door, I glanced at the clock on the table next to the hotel bed. The c;lock read 12:14. Shit! I thought. I had slept through most of the morning, this would set back the trip for awhile.

I jumped up and rushed to grab some pants and a t-shirt. When I finally clothed myself, I opened the door to find Xana and Laina standing in my door way, they did not look happy.

"We tried calling you for, like, ever!" Laina shouted, making her way into my room and plopping down on my unkempt bed.

"I know, I know, sorry guys. Why don't you go get packed and then we can go and get some breakfast before checking out?" I suggested, wanting time to call up my band mates and explain to them the situation I was in.

"Fine, come on freak," Laina said to Xana, who lowered her head and followed Laina out of my room.

"Elaine Marie, get back in this room. Now!" I bellowed.

She smirked over her shoulder and gave me a smug glance before leaving the hotel room. I rushed over her and grabbed her shoulder, turning her around to face me.

"I said, get back in this room," my face was almost pressed up against hers we were so close "This entire trip you have been nothing but awful to your sister, and you have given me an attitude every time I tried to do something with you, and I am sick of it. Either you change your attitude or....or," I struggled to find a punishment for her, I was new to disciplining children. Hell, I was new to fatherhood.

"Or what?" she said, a sly grin creeping across her face "You're gonna take my phone away?"

I couldn't think straight. I had never felt so angry before, it was little comments like this that pushed me over the edge. Normally, I was a level-headed guy, but this kid knew how to push my buttons.

"Why don't you just shut the fuck up?!" I heard Xana's normally quiet voice shout.

"What did you say, freak?" Laina looked as surprised as I did.

"I said shut the fuck up! Dad has done nothing but try to please you, and this is how you repay him? By disprespecting him and being a little bitch?" Xana screamed.

"Oh shut up! You shouldn't be involved in this! You're the reason mom went fucking psycho!" Laina screamed, that last part was unexpected. No one ever talked about that, that was a line that no one dared to cross. Tears began to stream down Xana's face and her bottom lip began to quiver.

"Shut up, shut up," Her voice trembled as she spoke.

At this time, my blood boiled with fury. When Xana was a baby she cried a lot. And when I say a lot, I mean a lot. Every night, hours on end, she would cry, for no reason at all. I could handle it, she was my daughter, and if she needed to cry, then that's what I would let her do. Her mother, on the other hand, was a different story. Xana would cry so much that it caused her mom to have sleep deprivation, and she went insane. I walked in on her trying to smother infant Xana. Later on in life, her mom blamed Xana for various medical disorders she had, none of which were actually caused by Xana, her mom just refused to believe that her daily habits had negative consequences. And she never failed to remind Xana what an awful child she was for bringing so much pain on her family.

I was thouroughly shocked when I saw a raging Xana raise her arm in the air and bring her fist down on a smug Laina's jaw. When Xana's fist met Laina's face, Laina immediately recoiled with pain.

"Owwwww! Y-You bitch!" She said inbetween sobs.

"Oops," Xana replied with a grin on her face.

"You fucking bitch!" Laina shouted, lunging towards Xana. I stepped in the middle of them and grabbed Laina, picking her up and throwing her over my shoulder.

"Let me gooo!" she screamed, pounding on my back as I carried her into my room with Xana in tow.

By this time, a small crowd had gathered and was staring at our circus of a family. Everyone was whispering, their eyes wide. I was so embarassed, isn't this what happened to families with little kids? Like, toddlers? Not a single dad with two "civilized" teenage daughters.

"I HAVE HAD ENOUGH!" I screamed, as I threw Laina down on my bed "You know what? I'm glad she hit you in your fucking mouth, MAYBE YOU WON'T TALK SO GODDAMN MUCH!"

Xana stared at me in disbelief. Apparently she had never seen me snap before, I don't think that anyone (besides their mother) has seen me freak out like this before.

"I hate you, you fucking bastard!" Laina shouted at me. "I want to go home!"

"I would take you there, except your mother doesn't want you anymore!!" I shouted. As soon as the words came out of my mouth, I instantly regretted them. It wasn't her faul, so why was I acting like it was?

"FUCK YOU!" she screamed before storming out of the hotel room.

I had no idea where she was going, and at that point, I really didn't care.

----------------------------------------------------Xana's P.O.V----------------------------------------------------

It all happened so fast. One minute, we were going to go get breakfast, and the next I was punching Laina in the face. I had to admit, it felt really good. I had wanted to do that for such a long time, and I finally got the oppurtunity. But I did get concerned after she stormed out of my dad's hotel room. Before leaving the room to go after Laina, he turned to me and shook his head.

"Pack your things," he said to me.

I did as he said and went back to my room and started packing my things. As I threw things hastily into my duffel bag as I tried to control my breathing. I was so angry, why did she have to go and ruin this for me? Being reuinted with my dad was the best thing that ever happened to me, and now it might be over.

I was continuing my internal rant when the door flew open. I looked up and saw Laina storming towards me.

"Does dad-" I started to speak, but was cut off when she hit me across the face with......y'know.....thinking back now, I can't quite remember what item she blugeoned me with, but I know it was hard, and it hurt like hell.

"Not so tough are we now?" she said menacingly while standing over me.

Blood gushed from my nose and pain radiated throughout my skull, but surprisingly, I didn't cry. Nope, not a single tear fell from my eyes. And it's not like I was holding back anything, I would've-I should've-cried, but I just felt no sorrow at that moment. Instead, I felt anger. I felt like I could take down the hulk, I was so angry. I stood up, ready to fight, when my dad rushed through the open door, panting. He looked at Laina, then at me, then back at Laina.

"Pack your shit," he said, gritting his teeth.

I thought he would go back to his own room to pack, but instead he sat down on the bed Laina had slept in the night before.

"Umm, what are you doing?" Laina asked.

"Shut up," my dad retorted, clearly not in the mood for her attitude.

She made a face and continued packing, violently slamming things in her pink zebra bag.
I, on the other hand, took my time and neatly folded my clothes. Just because everyone was pissed doesn't mean my clothes mean my clothes had to suffer.

"Let's pick up the pace, Xana," my dad said.

His comment made me go even slower, I hated when people rushed me. My actions caused him to exhale deeply and mutter "Oh my god,". I smiled at his anguish.

When we finally finished packing our things, we went back to dad's hotel room and he made us sit and watch him pack. I guess he was worried about us duking it out again. Can't say I blame him, we probably would've ended up killing each other without his supervision.

After he had finished, we checked out and made our way to the car. I was not looking forward to another long car ride with these people.