This Isn't All What Its Cracked Up To Be

********Xana's P.O.V********

My dad and I walked inside, when he saw Ella, he couldn't look her in the eyes.

"You ok, Jake?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I'm fine," He mumbled, walking past her and going upstairs.

"What happened?" Ella asked, turning to look at me.

"Nothing, everything is fine," I said with a shrug, "He just misses Laina, that's all,"

"Yeah...that's what he said in the car. Should I go talk to him?"

"You can if you want...I don't know if it will help,"

She sighed and followed him upstairs, leaving me alone. I realized that it was almost 10 and I hadn't eaten anything, I'd been up for awhile. My stomach growled and I reached for a bowl of cereal. It was a big accomplishment for me, usually, I would've liked to hear my stomach growl, it would let me know that I was doing something right.

"You can do it," I said, taking a deep breath and putting the spoon near my mouth.

I opened my mouth and put the spoon inside; I was immediately filled with repulsion. I gagged a bit, but forced it down. I picked up another spoonful and shoved it in my mouth. My knees buckled underneath me and I felt sick to my stomach. I rushed to the bathroom and threw up. Tears spilled from my eyes; maybe I wasn't as strong as everyone had thought. I slumped against the bathroom wall and took deep breaths, I had just realized I was hyperventilating.

"Somebody fucking kill me," I managed to get out.

"Xana? You ok?" Aloise asked from outside of the door.

"Fine," I replied, balling my hands into fists and squeezing my palms.

"Alright..." She said hesitantly.

My breathing finally returned to normal, but still sat against the wall.

"I'm such a screw up," I cried softly.

My hands trembled as I lightly gripped my head. After awhile, I slowly stood up and regained my composure. I took a deep breath before exiting the bathroom. I went upstairs into my personal bathroom and brushed my teeth, trying to get the taste of vomit from my mouth. I stood in front of the mirror and stared at myself. What looked back at me was not how I remembered myself; I used to look so bright and full of life, but now, my eyes and face looked as if a gray filter had fallen over them. I jumped when I heard my dad and Ella shouting from the other room.

"A FOURTEEN YEAR OLD IS MORE INTELLIGENT THAN YOU, ELLA!" My dad screamed.

"FUCK YOU! IM DONE! GO HAVE YOUR DUMB PITY PARTY BY YOURSELF!" Ella said, storming out of the room and walking down the hall.

"Is everything ok?" I asked her, peeking out of my room.

"Quiet, you anorexic freak," She snapped at me.

"Don't you fucking talk to her like that," My dad growled.

She stared at me guiltily, looking into my shocked and hurt expression.

"I'm sorry, Xana," She whispered, her puffy eyes burning into mine.

I gave her an unconvincing smile, then looked at the floor. Her comment had felt like being stabbed, it hurt even worse coming from her; I looked at her like a mother.

"Just leave, Ella. Leave!" He shouted, breathing deeply.

"Goodbye, Xana. Stay strong," She said, her voice quavering and tears building in her eyes.

"Bye, Ella," I said, my bottom lip quivering. I would miss her so much.

I glanced at my dad, his face showed that of pure anger. I didn't know what she had done, but it must've been pretty bad for my dad to kick her out.

"Come on, Aloise," She said from down the hall.

"What? Where are we going?!" She asked.

"Just come on,"

Aloise reluctantly complied and went along with her mom. I'd miss her too.

"What the hell happened?" I asked my dad, crying.

"You wouldn't understand, Xana," He replied.

"Don't you stand there and patronize me! Ella was the only woman I considered a mother figure, and now she's gone!" I cried.

"Xana...it just wasn't working out, I don't know what else to say,"

"Don't give me that crap! I know something else happened! Was it because she didn't want another baby?! Don't you dare be so selfish," I screamed at him.

"LISTEN! Don't you dare bring that up, you know nothing about that subject! So just shut the hell up about it!" He yelled back, his face turning a bright shade of red.

"You're tearing your family apart and are too ignorant and selfish to see it!" I spat.

"Get your ass in your room and stay there," He said through clenched teeth.

I scowled at him and slammed the door. I then fell on my bed and screamed into a pillow.

"FUUUUUUUUUUCK!" I shreiked, my voice muffled.

"Why can't I just be normal?" I sobbed, laying on my back.

That question pervaded my thoughts and haunted my mind for the rest of the night. I guessed I was never meant to be a regular teenager...

(A/N sorry for the shitty ending guys:/)