Love Sucks, Heartbreak's Worse

********Xana's P.O.V.********

"Xana, I need to talk to you. Let me in," My dad pleaded from outside of my door.

He had been trying relentlessly all day to get me out of my room or get in my room. I refused, ever since he had snapped at Ella I didn't want to be around him. It's not that I was afraid, I just couldn't bare to look at him.

"No! You've got issues, dad," I yelled from behind my door.

"Xana..." He pleaded.

"Fine!" I ripped open the door to reveal my dad; his eyes were puffy and red, tear streaks trailed his flush cheeks. His bottom lip trembled as if he was going to begin crying again.

"Thank you," He whispered, with the faintest smile.

I half-smiled back, how could you be mad at him? I began to speak, but stopped. I didn't know what to say to make the situation better.

"May I come in?" He asked, wiping his eyes with the back of his hand.

I nodded and opened the door wider so he could come in. He sat down on the edge of my bed and sighed.

"What happened?" I dared to ask.

"Ella and I...I don't know. It's all my fault, fuck!" He said, fresh tears sprouting from the corners of his eyes.

"Did you guys break up?"

"Yeah...I feel awful kicking them out, I just didn't know what else to do. I'm just so fucking stupid!" He cried, letting out a sob and punching the wall.

"Dad..." I whispered, wringing my hands together.

"I'm so selfish," He cried, putting his head in his hands and tugging on his long hair.

I slowly walked over and put my hand on his shuddering back. He slightly jumped at my touch but didn't brush it away. I didn't know what else to do, so I lightly patted it.

"You can still talk to her, dad. It's not too late,"

"She wouldn't want to listen to me," He responded.

I bit my bottom lip, trying to think of something soothing to say. He was always so good at making me feel better, I wanted to do the same for him.

"Maybe...maybe I could talk to her," I offered.

"I don't know...I don't want to make this your problem,"

"Please!" I said, a little too quickly,"I mean...I think it would help,"

"If you want to," He said with a sigh.

"Yay!" I said quietly, beaming. I was excited to be helping someone.

"Well...I'd better get you to see your doctor," He said reluctantly, standing up.

"Actually...is it ok if I don't go today? Y'know, considering what happened,"

"Fine, but you need to go tomorrow. I want you to get better, Xana," He said with tears in his darkened eyes.

"I know," I replied.

He nodded then walked out of my room, quietly closing the door behind him. I heard him shuffle down the hall to his room. When I heard his door close, I put a pillow against my face and began to sob. My emotions came pouring out of every orifice of my body. My frail shoulders shook as I wept. I was hopeful that my dad would pull through this dark time in his life, but faced the reality that things wouldn't get better as quickly as I had hoped.

"Jake?! Where are you man?" I heard Andy's gruff voice yell from our kitchen.

I quickly stopped my cries and perked my head up. I wondered how he had gotten in our house, then realized he was one of the few people that knew our house was rarely ever locked.

I heard him run up the stairs and fall with a loud thud. I jumped up from my bed and flung open the door.

"Are you alright?" I asked.

"I'm fine, Xana. Where's your dad?" He asked, panting.

I pointed to his room and Andy quickly jumped up and ran inside. When he opened the door, I heard loud sobs escape the room. I quickly shut my door and leaned my back against it. No no no no, my dad wasn't crying, he couldn't cry. I tried to convince myself that it was just Ella or Aloise and everything was all back to normal. But the cold-hard reality came crashing back to me when I heard his sobs even with my door closed and my
head buried underneath my blankets.

"Don't cry, dad," I whispered, wishing he could hear me.

My heart ached for him, Ella as well. I wondered what she was doing. I wanted to imagine her lazily sipping wine next to an open fire place, daring to come back and win my dad over, not reacting the same way he was.

"I fucking miss her so much, Andy! How could I be more wrong?!" My dad screamed.

I didn't hear Andy's response, but I assumed it helped because my dad's sobs nearly silenced and their conversation became inaudible. I laid back on my bed and wished with all of my might that whatever Andy was saying would help my dad overcome this painful sadness.

(A/N I'd like to thank you beautiful lil fan-fic friends for voting and reading my story! I apologize deeply for not updating, but school's a bitch...you know. I love you all, so much. STAY CLASSY DETROIT)