Then I lost it all (pt. 2)

------------Jake's P.O.V----------
Xana and I drove in silence. Right now, I wish Laina was sitting next to me, giving me attitude and being a brat. God, I was going to miss her. That little girl had so much potential, she was a great student. I could see her going to a great college, getting an amazing job, and making some lucky man extremely happy. Just thinking of her was enough to make me burst into tears, but I couldn't cry in front of Xana, I had to be strong for her. She was all I had left.
"Hey, wake up," I said, lightly shaking Xana's shoulder to wake her up.
"Huh, oh, where are we?" she groggily asked, looking around as she rubbed her tired eyes.
"We're at a rest stop, I thought you might want to stretch your legs for a little bit," I said.
"Oh, ok," she said, opening the car and stepping out.
"You doin' ok, love?" I asked, genuinely worried about her.
"Honestly, I'm doing better than I thought I would, but that should change when everything sets in" she said, I could hear the sorrow in her voice.
"Well, if you need to talk, I'm all ears," I told her, she needed me most at a time like this.
She smiled. "I know, dad,"
I smiled back and walked over to her. I grabbed her by the waist and slung her over my shoulder, causing her to break out in a fit of giggles. Also, causing many people to stare, but I really didn't care.
"Let's go, girl," I said, carrying her into the rest stop.
The rest stop was huge. When you first walked in you were greeted by a statue of a logger, surrounded by a beautiful arrangement of flowers. There was also another room filled with maps and magazines.
I set Xana down and she made her way to the bathrooms. I didn't have to go myself, so I walked around, looking at the view from the huge windows.
I was startled when I felt a tap on my back. I turned around to see it was Xana.
"Ready?" I said with a smile. It was so good to see her, I don't know what I would do if I lost her, too.
"Yep," she responded.
We walked to the car silently. When we sat down and I started the engine. Xana took out her phone and began playing with it. 25 minutes of silence passed, and Xana finally spoke up.
"Um, dad?" she said.
"Hmm," I responded, not really paying attention.
"Does, Erm, uh, mom known about, uh, Laina?"
"Yeah, I called her from the hospital," I responded. Laina. I missed her so much.
"Oh," she said, staring off into space "Well what are we going to do about the funeral?" she questioned.
"Her body is going to be flown back home so she can be buried in the same cemetery as your grandparents,"
"Are we gonna go?" she said, I could hear the concern in her voice. She really wanted to be there.
"Of course!" I assured her.
"Good," she said, nodding her head with approval.
I nodded and continued driving. I was not looking forward to saying goodbye to Laina forever. I didn't know how I would be able to handle it. I knew I wouldn't be able to. I knew it.....