A return to normalcy....for now

--------------Xana's P.O.V---------

Well, things between my dad and I were finally back to normal. I didn't want to follow in my sister's footsteps of "hormonal driven bitchy teen girl", no. I wanted to be Xana; quirky and pleasant to be around. So what if I was a little awkward? It was better than I was before. Zach and I haven't talked since, even though we do occasionally see each other in school and when the guys come over to my house. Oh yeah, did I mention I started school? I really enjoy it, surprisingly. I've made so many new friends, they know me better than anyone else. I'm doing pretty well in my classes, too. I got my first A on a math test yesterday. It's funny, when I was with my mom, I did terrible in school and I dreaded going every day, but now, I love it. I've got great friends and decent grades.

"Xana! Come on, you're gonna be late for school!" My dad shouted, I slung my Jack Skellington bag over my shoulder and skipped out of my room.

"Coming dad!" I exclaimed, my voice chipper.

My dad grinned at me and kissed my forehead.

"Beautiful as always, honey"

I blushed and muttered a "thanks", I hated receiving compliments.

We clambered into the car and headed off. The sun peeked out along the horizon, starting its day with us.

The car ride there my dad and I discussed the days to come, what we would do with our lives. We take life one step at a time.

Eventually, he came to a stop in from of my school. I exhaled and smiled; I belong here.

"Bye kiddo! Have a great day, I love you," he smiled at me "oh, and I have a surprise for you when you get home,"

I cocked my head to the side and watched him in confusion as he drove off. What kind of "surprise" did he have? I'd just have to wait and find out......