Maybe things will get better

I sat on the fake leather couch and clenched my hands together in my lap. My mind raced with thoughts on how I would screw-up this meeting.

"So, Xana, why don't you tell me about yourself?" She asked, taking a seat in a chair across from where I was seated.

I furrowed my brows and stared intently out of the window, perhaps trying to find something interesting about me out there.

"Uhh...well, I...I don't know. I don't really do much," I said with a shrug.

"Well what do you do?"

"I listen to music...a lot,"

"Aha! What bands?" She questioned.

"Nirvana, Black Veil Brides, Black Sabbath, Fall Out Boy, Uhh...We Came As Romans, Of Mice and Men, so many," I said with a laugh.

She chuckled and cocked her head to the side.

"I like your style, really edgy," She said with a nod.

I blushed and muttered a "thanks".

"What do you want to know about me?" She asked.

"I dunno..." I said with a shrug.

"Well, I'm engaged, I love classical music and cats...wow, not much to know about me either," She chuckled.

I smiled and breathed out a laugh.

"For today's session, I'd really just like to get to know each other. Does that sound good?"

"Fine by me," I shrugged.

We spent the rest of the hour just making conversation, it was really nice just getting to know her. She seemed like a really nice woman, although I couldn't be too sure, I'd just met her.

When Ella and I arrived home, only Aloise was there. She had fallen asleep on the couch while The Nightmare Before Christmas played on the television.

"Hey, get up honey," Ella said, lightly shaking her.

"Huh? Oh, hey mom," She yawned.

"Has Jake been here?" Ella asked, scratching her head.

"Yeah, he just left actually. Said don't wait up for him,"

"Probably going out with the guys," She mumbled.

I could sense the concern in her voice. I personally couldn't care less where he was at that point, I was too tired.

"I'm going to bed, night!" I called, hopping up the stairs.

"Goodnight, sweetie!" Ella called back, still in the living room.

When I reached my bedroom, I walked directly to my bathroom. I stared at the toilet, it called to me.

"Come on, lard-ass, you've eaten so much today. You pig, get rid of it all!" It beckoned to me.

I bit my lip, as if that would help me gain control. I closed my eyes and exhaled deeply. I would not let the temptation overcome my willpower. I was stronger than that.

"I'm strong. I'm strong. I'm strong," I began repeating to myself.

I pulled myself away from the bathroom and tore off my clothes ad quickly replaced them with warm pajamas. They felt like the warm mother's embrace I never had. I jumped in to my bed and smiled a little, I was beginning to think I could actually overcome this.