I did it

********Xana's P.O.V*******

I laid on the dirt floor, too exhausted to even cry. An oversized tattered t-shirt was my only source of warmth. I had been in captivity for just more than 24 hours, but it felt like eternity. The brutal beatings, the awful living conditions, and the constant fear of death only added time.

"How's my precious doing?" Zach teased, leaning down and brushing a piece of tangled hair out of my face.

"Please..."

"Aww, Xana, my sweet, sweet Xana. You're to funny," I don't know what was so funny about my pitiful cry for help, but apparently it amused him.

At that point, I couldn't feel any pain. I was numb, both physically and mentally; his brutal beatings had definitely taken a toll on me.

"POLICE! PUT YOUR FUCKING HANDS UP!" Did I really just hear that? I was stunned, I didn't know how I could've been found.

"What the-" Zach was dumbfounded. He stared at the army of police men in awe. I closed my eyes and began to cry; my saviors had arrived.

"Get away from the girl, son." An elderly cop said.

"NO! SHE'S MINE!" Zach screamed, his voice as high as a school girl's.

"Put the gun down, just put it down," gun? Did he just say gun? What was Zach planning on doing with it?

I heard a small sigh, then the sliding of something across the floor.

"Atta boy," the same man said.

"Look, when you take me to jail I want to be alone; no visitors, no one." Zach said. I opened one eye and saw an officer cuff him while one read him his rights.

"Sure thing, kid,"

"Let's get you home, sweetie," an officer said as he lifted me up bridal style and carried me out.

I began sobbing and threw my arms around his neck; I was alive.