Then I lost it all

We traveled in silence for another 2 hours. It was actually quite peaceful. No insults were thrown at me from my sister, and my dad wasn't yelling at anyone, so all was good. The only sounds were the tapping of my sister's iPhone as she (no doubt) texted away to her friends of the events happening, probably exaggerating the event like she did with everything else, and the low hum of the car engine.
Eventually, my dad spoke up.
"We're going to stop for awhile in about a half hour, I don't want any drama when we get there," he said, eyeing my sister "Am I clear?"
"Crystal," I piped from the back seat, lightly sassing my dad.
He rolled his eyes and continued driving, obviously not amused at my behavior. He continued driving for another 15 minutes and then it hit us. All I remember is my sister screaming, and my dad putting his arm over her, as to create some kind of shield. I, on the other hand, was silent. I was more stunned, really, and couldn't bring myself to make any noise. As we lay in the carnage of the crash, waiting for help, I could hear my sister's moans of pain.
"Laina? Xana?" my father breathed, concern rang throughout his voice. He sounded like he was alright, but then again, you never know.
"I'm ok dad," I told him, I was unscathed from the crash.
"Thank god. Laina? Answer me! Laina!" he yelled, shaking my sister's nearly lifeless body "Fuck, don't leave!" he said through tears.
The paramedics arrived and immediately took us from the wreck. I was put on a gurney and placed in a neck brace, as was my father. I didn't see Laina get into an ambulance, so I assumed they were still trying to get her out of the car.
*Later that evening*
I lay in a hospital bed, my head pounding. The doctors say my father and I were lucky, we came out nearly unscathed (my father suffered a fractured wrist and I a minor concussion). But, my sister was gone. They said she had internal bleeding and she bled out at the hospital. The doctors also said that even if she had arrived earlier, there would be nothing they could've done, the bleeding was just too much.
"Laina...." I whispered, tears falling from my face. I felt awful, the last thing I did to my sister before she died was punch her in my face. What kind of monster am I? "D-does my, uh, dad know?" I stuttered.
"Yes, he does dear," a tall, short haired female doctor told me while placing her hand over mine.
I had no words to say, so I closed my eyes and exhaled. This was awful. I loved my sister, even though she treated me like shit.
"Hey, Xana," I heard a voice say from the doorway. I looked up and saw it was my dad.
I lept from the hospital bed and ran over to him, wrapping my arms around him tightly. I began to sob on his chest.
"Shhh, it's ok baby, let it out," he said soothingly.
I don't remember how long I sobbed for, but it must've been awhile.
"Erm, Mr.Pitts, you and your daughter can be discharged and then can be on your way," the same female doctor told us.
"Ok, thanks," he mumbled, running his hand through my hair "go get dressed then we can get outta here," he told me.
I nodded as he handed me a pile of my clothes, apparently they managed to salvage our luggage from the wreckage of the car.
I changed into white, torn up skinny jeans, a sheer hi-lo style, black and white t-shirt with skulls on it, and my black and white converse. I didn't have time to do my hair, so I threw it up in a messy bun and went out to find my dad.
I left the hospital room hastily, I didn't want to be there any longer than I had to, too many awful memories had just been made here.
" Over here," my dad called to me, flagging me over with his hand.
I slumped over to him and rested my head on his arm.
"How ya feelin'?" he asked me as we exited the hospital.
"Shitty," I told him, staring at my feet.
"Hey, look at me," he said, pulling my face up so our eyes met "I love you so much, please don't ever forget that. I didn't get to say this to your sister that often, and I regret it so much," he said, beginning to choke up.
I grabbed him and held him tightly.
"It's ok dad, I'm here for you, I love you," I told him.
"I know sweety, you're a good kid," he said, wiping his eyes.
I faintly smiled as I picked up my bag and grabbed my dad's hand. I led him to the rental car the hospital provided.
"Let's go," I said as he unlocked the car and I climbed in the passengers side of the car. It had a new car smell, and was so clean. It was too......sterile. I didn't like it.
"Well....looks like we've got some planning to do," he said sadly, obviously meaning my sister's funeral.
"Don't worry, we'll get through this....together," I said with a smile, taking his hand.
He smiled at me then started the car and drove off into the still night. Soon, all of our troubles would be gone.