Daddy's Coming

********Jake's P.O.V********

I woke up by myself on the couch around 2 in the morning. Yawning, I stretched and shut off the television and left the couch. I had decided that it was finally time for me to hit the hay. It had been a very good day; no fighting, no shouting, just everyone having a great time. It warmed my heart to see Xana and Aloise finally getting along.

Sliding off of the couch, I quietly walked up the stairs and walked to Xana'a bedroom. I slowly opened the door and peered in. I got a strange feeling in my gut, but brushed it off as something that I had eaten earlier. I slid into her room and crept closer to her bed. Yes, yes, I know how creepy this may sound, but she was my little girl and I was checking up on her. I knew something was strange when I couldn't see her in her bed. I quickly flicked on the light and found her room empty. I stood alone beside her bed. I began to panic.

"Xana! Xana! Where are you?!" I shouted, causing Ella and Aloise to stir.

"Jake, honey. What's going on?" Ella asked as she rubbed her eyes.

"Xana...I can't...she's...gone," I couldn't catch my breath, this was what real fear was like.

"Calm down, calm down. We just need to figure all of this out," she put a soothing hand on my shoulder to try and calm me down, I brushed it off and became infuriated.

"No Ella! I can't fucking calm down! This is my daughter and she's missing!" I screamed "Look, we're wasting time! I need to find her!"

"Jake! You don't know that she's missing!"

"What...so you think...you think she snuck out? No no no, Xana would never do something like that."

"You don't know that! She is a teenager, after all," she put a hand on her hip and gave me a condescending glare.

I flashed her a dirty look and stormed downstairs, then flew out of the house. I'd find Xana one way or another.