Desicions... Desicions...

She woke up sore, her whole body aching, oxygen tube on her nose, and the screams of her father in a rather heated argument with the doctors. She closed her eyes to try and recall what had happened, and then it all hit her like a wave.

She and Cris had started a thing not long ago, and both being 16 in their first relationship, things began faster that what she would've liked. Being a wise ass herself didn't help much. She had turned him down countless times about having sex, but the last drop was when he gave her an ultimatum; sleep with him or it was over, she snickered and said

"You know... I go by the L rule " she made the letter L with her hand, he frowned "the taller you are the smaller your dick is" she she grinned at end. And then he punched her.

She yelled at him, enraged, and turned around to leave his bedroom when he decided she hadn't had enough of a beating, locked her in the room and continued to smash her against the walls and desk. His parents came up after hearing all the ruckus upstairs and took her to the hospital.

When she opened her eyes again her father stared at her in disbelief, shaking his head and said

"I think you will do just fine at Candor"

He turned around and left along with her mother, leaving her alone in the hospital for the night.

A single tear streamed down her cheek and she swapped it away, not wanting to be weak. Her aptitude test also turned out to be Candor, but she decided that night that she wasn't going to let anyone treat her the way she had been treated her whole life ever again, even if it took her life away, she was going to be Dauntless.