Fifty-Four

The door creaked as it opened. He heard voices, but he heard them like he was underwater, muffled and distant.

"I can see why Eric hated him" he recognized that voice. Then he was shaken to the core as he heard a laugh, Morgan's laugh, Morgan's beautiful wholehearted laugh, the one he was addicted to like a drug.

"Oh God you're just like him" he heard her talk. He could hear her clear as a bell "god dammit what is it with men and their territory?" he could sense the joke in her voice.

He wanted to scream at her, tell her that he could hear her. But he was trapped, his conciousness was trapped in an immobile body.

"I don't want you to be friends with him anymore" Creed said. He heard her laugh again, a little closed this time. And then he felt her hand on his, his warm fingers wrap around his hand, and his other hand on his shoulder.

"Okay dad" she mocked.

The bed sinked on his left side and he felt the warmth of another body next to his other arm.

"Come one man you need to wake up so we can go kick this idiot's ass" he heard Creed said, at the same time as he poked him in the chest, a bit roughly.

"Hey" he sensed the anger in her voice as he felt her hand rubbed the same spot on his chest "that hurts him you idiot"

"No it doesnt" he felt him poke again at his ribs.

"Yes" he heard a slap "I read it in a book"

"Of course you did" he mocked and he felt another thump, the bed rocked at his sides and he felt it still as he assumed the fight progressed further away from him.

"Stop it ouch!" he heard her complain "that hurt me you asshole!" she almost yelled, he heard Creed chuckle and felt the rush of wind and the creek of the door again.

For a moment he felt like he was alone, but then her hand wrapped around his one more time.

"He gave me an indian burn Eric" she said, with a little laugh on her voice. He wanted to look at it, to look at her, just a peek, a fraction of a second peek would sooth his mind. He felt his entire chest warm up as she leaned on top of him, the warm breath of hers on his neck and chin. "I need to shave you again. But I really like you with that beard. Do you think you can keep it when you wake up?"

°Yes, yes i can, I would do anything, anything for you Morgan, i just need to get out°

"The guys ran me through a plan" °a plan? ° "I just have to get me a gun and then I'll leave you, but just for one day I promise. And when I come back we'll see if it works out. It will work out. You're gonna wake up, you have to make an effort with the recovery, keep yourself positive. Its just one more week. Can you hold on for one more week?"

He wanted to scream at her, to move, twitch, nod, squeeze her hand.

Anything, just a little sign to let her know that he was listening. He felt enraged, he was living a nightmare, he wanted out, he wanted Morgan.

He felt his hand being held and moved, he felt her soft lips on the back of his hand, then later he felt it being presses against what he assumed was her chest. He felt the thump of her heartbeat against his fingers.

Come on, squeez her hand, nudge her, move a finger, do something!!!