Sixteen

The commotion in the hallway scared her awake and as Eric shifted under her, they exchanged looks and both jumped down the net.

It was morning and there was screaming and running in the hallways. As they made they way in the crowd he held her by her arms and made her look at him

"Find your group, stay together until I find out what is going on."

She nodded and took of running towards the dorms.

Eric had later learned that there was a reckless initiate that was about to be cut down. He had made himself with a gun from the armor room and was killing people and trowing them in the chasm.

He had killed the first 5 in rank, and when he realized that Morgan could have been one of the casualties, he headed towards where they had him in custody.

He instructed the guards to let him talk for a second, and if they talked about what it was going to take place in the cell he was going to go after them as well. When he enter the cell room the initiate got very anxious. He cracked his knuckles and calmly said

"I'm going to beat you within an inch if your life, and when you heal enough to take another beating I will do it again. And the circle will go on and on and on until you beg me to finish with your pathetic life."

The guards stood outside of the cell room, hearing the screams of pain as Eric gave him the worst beating he had administered a to a human being.
When he was finished he exited the cell heading to the infirmary, the guards enter to retrieve the initiates mangled body.

Morgan paced the dormitory side by side, as the crying from Marie filled the room, her boyfriend had been killed that night, and that got Morgan thinking what would have been her reaction of her significant other got murdered.

Would she resume to crying like Marie? Would she take revenge? Or isolate herself? Starve herself to death? Commit suicide?

Tris entered the room and explained to her what had happened. Then proceeded to explain in a very disgusted manner how Eric had beaten the guy to almost death.

Morgan knew Eric, and she knew he wouldn't have done such thing unless he had a very good reason. If anything he didn't care if the initiates died or deserted. She wanted to ask where he was, but knew that Tris probably hadn't bother to even ask about him.

Tris also told them that the third phase was going to be delayed for two days, so she had some time to spend.

She headed to the gym when everyone was fast sleep, all but Marie who continued crying in the night, and since Morgan didn't feel like listening to that she left.

She found Eric furiously lifting weights in the gym. She got close to him and cleared her throat

"All good?" he dropped the weight and turned to face her

"What do you think?" he started to walk toward the punching bag and began punching it

"Is it true? That you beat the dude up to almost dead?" she approached him and looked at him, while he continue to administer hard punches to the bag "why Eric? As far as I know you don't care about the initiates"

"He was out to get you Morgan" he tightened his jaw and punched harder "I'm not thrilled of the idea of loosing you"

Morgan waited until the perfect time to jump in front of the punching bag, almost taking a punch in the process

"Get out the way" he said as he sighed and rubbed his forehead

"No" Morgan said. She pushed Eric back slowly "come on let's get some sleep. You look like shit, you smell..." she made him turn around and walked him out the gym.

As they where walking he took Morgan's hand in his and led her to his place. She smiled at how his hand fit almost perfectly in hers, and while walking she stared at his, covered in bruises at the knuckles, his middle and index finger filled with little cuts.

He opened the door to the apartment and she made herself comfortable on the couch. He headed to the shower without a word. She waited until he was finished, and stood up to lean on the window frame. The sun was setting down, and the dawn looked beautiful from up there.

A few minutes passed until Eric left the shower, shirtless, his hair wet and his hands bandaged. She walked to him and stared at him, she didn't know how to comfort him, so she just placed a hand on his shoulder reassuring and waited for him to do something.

He sighed defeated and got close to her, wrapped his arms on her waist and back and held her tightly, her hands traced up and down his muscular back and smirked a little at how rock hard his muscles were.

Eric led her to his bed, and they both laid down on to sleep for the night. He held her close, and she placed a kiss on his cheek before drifting to sleep once again in his arms.