Twenty-Nine

Morgan took dirt from the ground and smeared it in her face and hair, she had taken some factionless' jacket, trying to blend into them to avoid getting shot. Her best bet was to head for amity, and by sundown she was halfway there. Her stomach growled, her body was tired, her mind was on Eric.

She prayed the whole way towards amity that Eric's stubbornness hadn't led him to her. He was badly injured. And she knew he would be angry at her for leaving him alone and worried, but Morgan knew her body would not bear seeing him die. As got out of the treeline she felt the barrel of a gun against her temple.

She closed her eyes with force and though of Eric. She had always thought that it was bullshit when people said that, on the verge of death, you saw your life flash before your eyes, but now, all she could see was him. And until that moment, she hadnt realized how scared she was of being pointed with a gun.

She inhaled and apologized inwardly to Eric, she apologized for what he was going to live if she died there. She felt the barrel move away and the person say.

"Morgan?" she reluctantly turned to look at the person and exhaled relieved

"Luna?" Luna was now factionless. She had been cut out in the first phase, but Morgan had always thought she had returned to amity. "what is going on Luna? I thought you returned to amity"

Luna shook her head and sighed.

"I wasn't brave enough, I couldn't stand their mocking and berating"

"They're amity Luna they-" she shook her head "I'm heading there. You're coming with me they will take you back"

Luna shook her head no and Morgan took her by the arm and dragged her. She didn't really had time for Luna's sob story she needed to get to Eric as soon as possible. When Morgan saw she was reluctantly going with her she let her go.

"Why are the factionless doing this Luna? Why would they attack dauntless?"

"We have been planning it for a while now, months even. First we attacked dauntless, take all of your guns and then head to the other factions. Erudite is next, they're weak nerds and the have the supplies to heal our wounded. And then it would be Candor. Abnegation and Amity would go down without a fight. Dauntless was the trickiest one. But it had to be done"

A tear of rage fell down Morgan's cheek, she wanted to kill Luna, but she abstained from it. Factionless where starving and dying, and she normally wouldn't have blamed them for what they did. But they had harm her man.

Luna noticed as time went on that Morgan was slowing down, dragging her feat in the grass.

"Morgan you need to rest"

"No" she said shorty "I need to get to Amity fast"

"You're gonna past out, have you eaten anything?"

"We got attacked at lunch did you forgot?!" Morgan snapped at her turning around.

"I'm sorry Morgan. I don't like war I'm still a bit of Amity ya know" Morgan sighed and turned around to start walking again "there is a factionless compound not far I can take you, you can eat, rest and resume tomorrow."

Morgan sighed and placed her hands in her hips. She was very weak, hungry and tired. But she needed to know if Eric was OK, slowing down will only make him worry more.

"OK" Morgan said reluctantly "but I'm only sleeping for an hour and turning back, I can't slack off."

Luna smiled and began walking with Morgan towards the compound.