Seven

Tris displayed the scoring board in front of all the initiates, both transfers and Dauntless born. Morgan half smiled noticing that she was second, above her was a dauntless born named Will who happened to be Marie's boyfriend, and 5 places below her was Cris.

When they returned to the training area Cris pushed Morgan muttering "fucking bullshit"

She ran after him fuming telling at him as soon as she caught up.

"How about you say that to my fucking face!" he turned around and landed a punch in Morgans eye. She fumbled back and got ready to launch herself into him when she was stopped by two muscular arms grabbing her by the waist. She starter trashing and yelling at Eric "put me the fuck down I'm gonna kill him!"

Eric threw her on top of the fighting mat.

"Then you might as well get some point out of it" he motion Cris to take place on the mat "fight"

Morgan didn't wait until Eric was finished or out of the mat to lounge again at Cris, he dodge her and made her trip. She grunted and turned to punch him aiming at his face, he dodge yet again and grabbed her torso, lifting his knee several times hitting roughly at her ribs, she took 5 hits before she managed to grab one of his legs and pull up causing him to loose balance falling on his back, she punched sloppyly at his ribs and one time in his eye before she felt the air leaving her lungs, as a hard punch in her ribs manage to finally break one or two. As she gasped for air he grabbed her arm pulling her off him and into the ground.

Pushing the arm into the mat with all his strength, a sickening crack thundered in the gym as her arm felt limp, and extremely in pain.

She took a deep breath and let out a terrified cry of pain. As soon as she felt Cris weight being lifted of her arm a stream of tears and painful screams was all she could muster to do.

"Her shoulder is dislocated" Tris sentenced as Eric lifted her and took her to the infirmary.

Morgan didn't wanted to open her eyes. She knew Eric was there, his judging eyes all over her

"It's almost like you're purposely trying to get her killed" Tris barked

"I don't have to explain my behavior to you Stiff" Eric barked back. "handle the erudite, I'll stay"

"Like I would leave her alone with you again, we don't know what on earth would you do to her"

"I don't think I need to remind you who you're talking to!" he yelled, quickly being shushed by one of the nurses near.

"I'll keep an eye out in the control room Tris" Four said, trying to calm Tris down and stopping further confrontation.

She felt Tris footsteps leaving the room, Eric pulled a chair near her and sat down next to her bed. Eric knew she was awake, and she tried to avoid opening her eyes look at him.

"Do you want to know why you lost?" her chin trembled and she shook her head in denial "you did say you didn't want me to leave you hanging.." she didn't respond "you lost because you were enraged. When you studied me, you beat me in one second, but you were blinded, that's it."

She felt like Eric was scolding her, which she knew it wasn't the case. But she still felt like a failure.

"I expect more from you Erudite"

She snapped.

"I'm not a fucking erudite!" Eric launched himself on her keeping her face inches from her

"You won't be dauntless either if you continue to act so recklessly" he spat.

Morgan looked at him in the eyes, she clenched her jaw, and muttered

"Fuck you" she pusher herself into the pillow, wishing that the bed would engulf her and make her disappear "I know that you want to help but it hurts to know that I will never belong anywhere" she closed her eyes trying to hold back her tears. As soon as she felt Eric move away from her, and his hand holding hers reassuringly she couldn't contain herself and began sobbing. Her whole body spasming with every sob. She turned to the side of their uninjured right arm and tried to stifle her sobs into the pillow. Soon Eric's hand moved from Morgan's and caressed her back, being carefully with her injured arm. He sat on the bed trying to get closer to her, he wanted to hold her tight, but it would be painful for her.

She spent a few 5 minutes profusely sobbing until she managed to calm down, Eric's hand still moving up and down her back carefully.

"I'll get you something to eat" he said, leaving her for a second.

He came back with a hamburger and fries, some soda and a bottle of water.

She gulped down the water in 1 swallow and started munching at the fries. Eric sat at the chair again watching her eat, and looked at the condition she was currently on.

Her eyes were puffy, they stung like hell, and not just because of the crying, but because the initial punch Cris gave her landed on her eye, causing her a spill of blood in her right eye. 3 broken ribs, her shoulder dislocated, and one of the ribs almost pinched her lung, but luckily no internal bleeding.

"This isn't a nice thing to be looking at ya know" he muttered, unsure why he had said that out loud. She glared at him for a second and munched at her burger

"What sight?"

"You injured" she half smiled

"And here I tough you liked my pain and suffering"

"I don't" he replied, he kicked himself inwardly, he just couldn't stop himself from saying these things to her.

"You shouldn't put me in this situation then."

"Oh, now its my fault that you lounged at the asshole" she quickly nodded and smiled

"Of course its your fault, you're the leader here, I just follow orders" she replied smugly.

"Since you're in such a good mood I'll just drop the bad news" she sighed and motion at him to continue "you'll miss the war games tomorrow night"

She didn't react, she just continued to eat her burger

"I'm not good at strategy anyway, knowing you, you would've picked me in your team and had me do all the job"

Which was exactly what he had in mind.

"You're also already in stage 2" she looked at him "all the cut was in the dauntless born, and event though the Amity girl won in the fight it wasn't enough. So its three erudites and the candor for stage 2, emotional phase"

"What do you do in the emotional phase?" she asked and handed the tray to Eric as she made herself comfortable in the bed to try and get some rest.

"You face your fears" she gave him a sad smile

"I do that everyday"

"Then you shouldn't have a problem" he stood up and got close to her "rest Morgan"

"Night" Eric's fingers traced down Morgan's good arm gently and gave her a squeeze in her hand before leaving. Morgan smiled content and closed her eyes to sleep.