Sixty Three.

Morgan was giggling her whole way towards Eric's and hers, he held her by the waist, pressing her side to his chest. She was jumbling words and trying to dirty talk him, he was a little bit drunk too, so he was buying all of it.

He quickly sobered up when he saw Max standing outside of his place. His face went blank and walked a bit faster to meet him. Max glanced at a very drunk and giggling Morgan, he nodded in acknowledgement and she blurted out

"We got married!" she held her hand up to his face while laughing. Eric took her and and walked her to the door of the apartment. Morgan frowned and wined at Eric asking him in and tugging on his shirt. Eric kissed and whispered to get ready while he talked to Max. Morgan aimed to kiss his lips but instead kissed his chin, he pusher her in and closed the door. He turned to Max and followed him to his office.

Eric sat on the bed next to Morgan's sleeping naked body, he was a bit saddened he hadn't spent their first night as a married couple with her, but working. He also knew Morgan, and he knew she will understand. He placed his hand on her ass and shook her awake, Morgan was startled awake, she closed her eyes and sighed as she tried to sit on the bed.

She rubbed her eyes and yawned. Eric moved to kiss her on the cheek and grabbed her by the waist to take her to the shower

"Can't we stay in bed all day?"

"Nope" he said popping the last syllable. He turned the shower on and held her against his chest, she kissed him. He sighed against her lips.

Morgan caught on that and held him by the waist. He looked down at her, Morgan searched in his eyes. He kissed her in the forehead and led her to the shower.

Eric walked with Morgan towards the dinning room, his arm around her waist, holding her protectively against his body.

He didn't touch his breakfast though, Morgan watched him not eating, he was moving his leg up and down

"What's wrong Eric? Already regreting the marriage?" Creed joked.

Morgan shot a glare at him, but the look Eric gave him was worst. Morgan placed a hand on his knee, but instead he stood up and began walking off of the dinning room.

Morgan was about to start yelling at Creed, but she was shut down by the dauntless banging their cups against the tables, Morgan and others looked up at max, who was leaning against the metal railing above the dinning room. He made a gesture for everyone to be quiet, and began a little speech, Morgan zoned out when her eyes landed on Eric.

He was standing behind Max, next to him where the other dauntless leaders. Morgan paid attention again when Max said

"I believe it is time for me to leave the control of this faction to younger blood. A new leader that knows what the real meaning of the word dauntless is... Eric"

Morgan heard everyone around her applaude, especially the guys at her table. She saw as Eric adressed a few short words, but she was more focused on the reaction of the other dauntless leaders, Mikaela was clapping as well, holding her baby boy. The guy next to her, Fancis she believed, was the exact opposite. She could see the hatred in his face, the other leaders where also a bit displeased.

She stood up when Eric finished talking and headed to meet up in the hallway that conjoined the two spaces. The leaders passed before her, some of them mouthing off about Eric. She found him trailing behind talking to Max, she walked to him, and before she could say anything he grabbed her by the hand and pecked her on the lips

"We'll talk about this tonight" Morgan glanced at him and nodded. She squeezed his hands before letting go, watching as Eric and Max disappeared in the hallway.

Morgan made her way into one of the conference rooms, where Johan and Peter where already hanging out, waiting for her. The teased her about being like the First Lady of dauntless, but she just shrugged them out. She began talking tactics with them, they where part of the peace inforcers of the program, just in case there was a reckless factionless who didn't want to cooperate.

Needless to say, Peter was as mean as Eric, he liked beating up people, but he didnt have a stanky personality, he was the funniest person she had known, and that was scary, knowing that he could beat someone to death and then crack a joke.

"We must be the only ones at dauntless who are happy Eric is leader. And... I mean" Morgan sighed "is not that I don't want him to be the ultimate leader but... Why did Max just leave like that?"

Johan and Peter exchanged looks. Peter scoffed and placed his fingers on his chin

"Let me ask you something Morgan" Morgan held a stare with him "what happens to old people at Erudite? Are they valued at all?"

"Well of course" Morgan said "the older you are, the more knowledge, the more time you had to learn things and it's your duty to pass the knowledge to the younger generations"

"Well, here at dauntless is the exact oposite. The older, the weaker, and it's a given that you will be shot and get beaten to shit every once in a while. So dauntless life ends very quickly. And i don't think Max, a former leader, would rather become factionless and work your little program to earn a few more years to live, so if I where you I wouldn't be surprised if they dragged his body out of the chasm tomorrow morning"

Morgan shivered at that though, she really zoned out a lot.

"But it's not about Max right now" Johan said "it's about Eric, and its about you as well" he pointed at her

"Yeah that's true you need to step up" Peter agreed, Morgan frowned and made a gesture with her hand to ask him what was he talking about "Morgan come on. You said it yourself, nobody is happy Eric is leader now, wich means he will have less support. I know Francis, he hates Eric's guts, and he will leave, shit! He probably already quit, and then theres Mikaela, I wouldn't even count her in. Andrew? The new leader? He's just an iniciate, just a 16 year old kid. Eric need someone up there who he trusts completely, someone who is capable."

"Nobody likes him enough at dauntless to even apply for leadership, if anything Peter will apply to be a leader, but even he would think twice about risking his life for Eric's, but you wouldn't."

Morgan inhaled and ran a hand through her hair

"I know Eric, he doesn't want my pity, he doesn't want me to be there because I think he can't do this himself and needs help"

"Well" Johan dissagreed "I know him longer than you, and he will accept your help because of that same reason, he can't do it without you."