Four

Eric though she didn't look like someone who just had a tough workout and slept for only 2 hours, somehow she looked flawless.

Her hair was down, but only during breakfast time, as she was making conversation with her fellow transfers. As soon as she caught him glancing at her, she made a disgruntled face and kept talking to her friends.

He smiled, he didn't know why he fancied her interactions, but she did gave him a breath of fresh air, after all the people who gave him shit, kept themselves away, always on edge. He didn't help, by all means, but he appreciated the way she treated him.

"You do know he has flipped out on people, beaten people to get to be leader, I mean, Jesus Christ he initiated 3 years ago. He did some shady shit to get to leadership" Marie sentenced. Morgan shrugged eating some dauntless cake.

"Do I look like a give a damn Marie? He never did anything to me so... Why not cut him some slack? He helped me and made me feel a bit confident so fuck you "

"Fuck me?" Marie said and Morgan laughed.

"Yeah 'Fuck you' are you deaf?" she laughed again, she felt like she had truly found herself in Dauntless. Now she just had to stay there, pass initiation and then it would all work out.

Tris was waiting at the target practice checking the guns. As soon as everyone arrived she made them warm up by running some laps. Morgan was just about to swallow the pills to numb more than just her ribs when Tris approached her.

"I think you should lay off the practice" Morgan widened her eyes at her.

"What? Why? No! I want to train".

"You need rest" Morgan was about to protest again when someone interrupted her, making her jump a little because of the sudden appearance of the young leader.

"Is this favoritism I'm sensing here Tris?" Tris rolled her eyes at him and shook her head.

"She's still hurt"

"Sooner or later it would happen to every initiated. Now you get to running, you're slacking off" Morgan smiled and began running catching up to her group. Cris had layed back for the day, not really in the mood to bother Morgan if Eric was around.

Tris went over the basic stuff for guns, while everyone was paying close attention, Morgan yawned. She already knew everything about them, she had the knowledge, and now she just needed the practice.

When Tris finally let them shot she took her position, the back of the gun against her shoulder. She inhaled, aimed and shot at the target. She felt proud as she placed the shot in the outside circle of the target, and quickly bit her tongue.

The recoil of the gun pushed her whole body back, and because she was so rigid in keeping her position the pain was not only in the shoulder, but her entire torso. She shook her head, trying to shake the pain away and took another shot, this one closer to the target's center.

"You're doing great! Your stance is perfect" Tris complimented her.

Morgan smiled and look at her, holding the tears of the pain that ran through her body with every shot.

"Maybe I should have listened to you" she whispered so only she could hear, knowing that Eric was just a step away from them "The recoil almost killed me" she positioned the gun against her shoulder and shot again, just in the center of the target.