Fifty-Two

Morgan massaged her legs, the casts were off, she was officially not in the hospitals care anymore, but she spent 23 our of the 24 hours of the day there, sitting next to Eric. Since Mikaela gave birth the dauntless leadership was one man down... And now Eric. She had accepted to be an advisor, she did it mostly for Eric, she took his place and made sure they still got a piece of his mind through Morgan.

Creed and her had bonded dramatically over the month after the attack. He made sure she ate and slept, and also snuck up some alcohol into the room for them to sip while talking whatever. After six dreading weeks she told Creed to reunite the guys at Johan's shop.

Max and some doctors had made their way into Eric's room earlier that day and had found her sitting reading a book. They had told her that Eric's condition had not improved at all.

"Morgan I know you love him but..." Max still couldnt make up his mind about how he wanted to break the news to her "I think he would want to be all crippled when he wakes up, I mean you know him. When he wakes up he's..."

"We're disconecting him" said a more cut throat doctor with a monotone voice. Morgan, who had been staring at Eric since they had entered, turned to look at the doctor. She held a stare, a cold and hard stare, and she could see the façade of the doctor starting to break and show a scared erudite who was trying to act tough in front of both the dauntless and erudite leadership.

A smirk made way in her face and she snickered at the doctor.

"I would like to see you try." she blinked slowly and moved to look at Eric again. She felt the two erudites shift uncomfortable, and Max cleared his throat to talk to her again.

"He has one more week" he dictated.

She exhaled when they left the room and ran her fingers through her now short hair. In a fit of frustration caused by one strand that didn't wanted to behave one day she had cut it short, a little bit past her shoulder.

She entered the shop with blueprints and a stern expresion. The guys made room for her to leave the things on the pool table and handed her a drink. She downed it and placed it gently on the side of the pool table. The guys looked at her and waited for her to talk.

"They're going to disconnect him, next week" she gave the guys a quick look, anger and sadness in everyone's face.

"And Max isn't gonna do anything!?"

"Max told me I had a week, he knows that I'm not gonna sit around twiddling my thumbs, I have to do something."

She moved her hands to grip the blueprints and sprawled them across the table, she inhaled and tapped at one.

"This is the blueprint for the research lab in Erudite. Dominic got them for me. When Eric and I met he got ahold of one experimental serum to help me heal faster. So this will surely help him too. I just need to get in here, grab the formula and get someone to reproduce the serum, an upgraded version of it." she looked at the guys and smiled a little at them "I am terrible at strategic. I need you guys to come up with a plan" she stood straight and took the glass to refill it "you guys tell me what to do, get me in, and I'll do the rest."

Johan leaned and reached to Morgan, she handed him her glass and he took it behind the bar, he refilled it and walked next to her, he handed her the glass and they stared for a while

"We have one week" she said to him, and moved her stare to the guys "you have 3 days"

She downed the glass and handed it to Johan again

"I'm going back to the hospital, Creed can fill me up when everything is ready" she gave them a quick smile and left the shop.

She entered the room again and sighed, she wasn't going to get used to seeing him like that, so fragile, helpless. She moved the chair towards him and held his hand.

"Hey baby" she said as she smiled a bit "I was with the guys today" she traced the maze pattern in his forearm as she looked at their linked hands "we're going to get you out of here. Even if it's the last thing I do. But you have to help ok?" she placed a hand in his neck and moved her fingers against his neck tattoos "you have to make an effort when you wake up."

She sighed and shook her head as she pressed her lips. No more crying, she was done crying, now she had to act. She sat on the bed next to him and layed her chest on top of his lightly

"I know you can hear me" she whispered "promise you will make an effort, you have to wake up Eric please" she closed her eyes and placed her head on his chest, she brought his hand to her lips and kissed it gently.

She placed her ear on his chest, listening to his soft heartbeat, it wasn't the energic and restless loud hearbeat of his, but at least it was there, and she was going to fight for it to continue being there.