Chapter 2

Mal woke to the sun shining into the bedroom she and Evie shared. She rolled onto her back, grateful for the sun that had awoken her. She had picked this side of the room when they first got the place for that very reason, she and Evie both hated alarm clocks. When they had first gotten the apartment there was a full bed in the room with a full trundle. Mal and Evie had exchanged a glance and she new that they where thinking the same thing, this was not going to work.Mal had gotten out her spell book and used it to turn the trundle into a normal bed and put it on the right side of the room, she put the other one on the left and had put purple covers on it and blue ones on Evie's.

            Mal pushed the fluffy covers off and got out of the bed, she was wearing her usual fluffy purple pajama paints and one of Ben's shirts. She left the bedroom and looked at the apartment on her left was the kitchen. It started with a blue fridge,next to that was an almost new combination oven and stove, next to that was a marble counter top that turned right with the wall. Above the counters where cabinets, just after the corner was the sink under a window, next to that was more counter tops underneath them was the dishwasher. A few feet away from the counters was an island with two bar stools. On Mal's right was a fire place with a TV above it. In front of the fireplace was a purple couch. Opposite the bedroom where two doors, the one on the right led to Mal's drawing room, and the one on the left led to Evie's Sewing room.

       Mal walked over to the kitchen, she got out a pan and some eggs, as she was just about finished cooking them Evie got up and left the bedroom, she said"Morning Mal." with a groggy voice."Morning" replied Mal as she put the eggs on two plates, Evie sat in one of the bar stools and Mal placed one of the plates in front of her and the other in front of the empty seat. "So how was your date with Ben last night?"asked Evie taking a bite of her eggs, sitting down Mal replied "It went really well.....What did you do while I was gone?" she asked Evie"nothing really, just watched some TV and started work on a new project." She replied taking another bite "Do you want some coffee Mal?" "Sure ,thanks... oh I need to tell you something"said Mal starting to eat. "Ben invited us and all of our friends over tonight for the weekend" "That sounds nice....do you think Carlos will bring Halley?" Evie said as she got up and walked over to the coffee maker and started it up.

          Halley was Carlos's girlfriend, they had met in collage. When Carlos had first walked into the classroom she had seen him and gave a little sigh as he sat next to her. Carlos was oblivious that she liked him, he just said hi and introduced himself to her, it was so obvious that she liked him that even Jay had noticed. Halley was the daughter of Merida, she had short red hair that was straight unlike her mothers and she was a little rebellious like her mother. Halley normally wore blue jeans and a nice top. She was very friendly to every one, but every once in a while she would burst with energy and do silly stuff , but it made her interesting.

          "I would think so."replied Mal "Are you gonna bring Doug?" she asked "What do you think Mal?" Evie replied her voice getting higher and her brown eyes brightening at the mention of her fiance's name. She sat back down giving Mal one of the cups while taking a sip from the other. Mal just smiled and gave a little giggle,I'm so happy for them, she thought.

           After Mal had finished her breakfast she put her dish's in the sink and took her coffee over to the couch and turned the TV on, shortly after Evie joined her. GMA was on (Good Morning Auradon) in her opinion it was the best news show, it had things she was interested in like all of the info on new spells, Evie liked it because they would go over all of the newest trends, most importantly they would talk about breaking news. Just last week there was a video of Audrey getting pranked by Jay that went went viral. While it was hilarious Mal couldn't help feeling a little bad for her. In the years sense the four of them had defeated her mother Mal and Audrey had grown closer, they where friends, kind of, they got along but nether Mal or Audrey would make an effort to see each other.

       Jay and Audrey had dated for a while but they had broken up ( more like Audrey had dumped him) when he had pranked her and gotten her new dress soaking wet. " I told you last time" she had said "the next time you prank me we're threw, and it's next time" she screamed as she stomped away leaving a trail of water as she went. Jay had been in a bad mood for about a month after that. But during that month Lonnie had offered her self if he ever needed someone to talk to, they had grown closer and after a little while Jay had asked her out, she said yes.