Chapter 7

Mal was sitting on the couch in the TV room playing with the beast head ring Ben had given her at his coronation. She was waiting for him to get back with the other guys. Everyone else was off doing their own thing. She looked at the clock to the right of the TV, It read 8:30 Pm. She got up and walked out of the room into the foyer, she walked towards the back door. She opened it and walked outside. The backyard was a huge triangle, one of the points was the corner that the wall,that the door she had walked through was on, and another wall made,it was a right angle about five feet from the door. Along the back edge of the backyard was a long rectangular pool, it was being illuminated by multicolored lights under the water. A little closer to her to the left of the pool was a fireplace with a couch in front of it and two single chairs on ether side. There was a stone path through the grass that led from the door to the fireplace area, and another leading to a slab of concrete that was in front of the entrance to the pool. To the right of the pool was a tennis/ basketball court. The floor of it was a blue color. Everywhere else was grass. She walked over to the edge of the pool, took off her shoes and rolled up her purple jeans. She sat down and put her legs in the water. The water went about halfway up her shins. She leaned back,put her weight on her hands, and looked up at the stars. She could see the Milky Way clear and bright across the sky. The full moon was rising in front of her, big and bright. She laid on her back and watched the stars. For the first time that day her head was clear of the words that where haunting her thoughts.

"It's nice out tonight" Mal jumped, she tore her eyes from the sky and looked over at where the voice came from. She saw Ben laying next to her on his back, his hands underneath his head, looking up at the sky. He looked over at her, and when he saw her staring at him he said "what" she hit him "you scared me" she said playfully. He laughed a little bit and said "at least I didn't pull you into the water" Mal laughed back and gave him a loving kiss. Then the words popped back into her head, she pulled away and instantly her smile faded. "what's wrong" Ben asked alarmed as he sat up. Mal stood up and extended her hand he took it and she pulled him up. She put her shoes back on and started to pull him towards the house "where are we going? What's going on" he asked as Mal opened the door, she turned around and said "you need to see this" she took him under the stairs and stopped pulling his arm, but still held his hand, "That's the library" he said a little confused. Mal walked him over to the door and pointed to the doorknob "grab it" she said. Ben did so "do you feel anything rough" she asked "yeah I do" he said a little puzzled. He crouched down "there's something written here" he continued "run your finger over the words" Mal said. He did as she asked. Mal saw the words start to glow and gripped his hand harder, he did the same and stood up. Then she heard the words The son of good and the daughter of evil shall open the library and find the truth. Ben looked over at her he started to speak but Mal knew exactly whathe was going to say "yes I heard it too" she said. "lets open it" he said reaching for the doorknob Mal hesitated and then shook her head "lets open it in the morning. I just want to be with you right now" she said pleadingly looking into his eyes. Ben took a deep breath and said "Okay but we're going to open it in the morning" Mal nodded and gave him a big hug.

Mal awoke in the bed laying on her right side with Ben's arm around her waist. She could feel him laying close to her. She tried not to wake him as she moved his arm.He gave a moan when she got out of the bed. He moved his arm across the sheets to try and find her. She just watched curious what he would do. He woke with a start when he didn't find her. He shot strait up and frantically said "Mal?" Mal laughed, when he saw her standing at the foot of the bed he jumped out of bed and tried to grab her, she ran, but he got her from behind with a bear hug around her waist. Mal Laughed/screamed as he picked her up "Put me down"she said, he just laughed, put her down on the bed, and started tickling her "stop" she managed to say through her laughter. She wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him on top of her "What are you doing?" He asked as Mal turned him over. She shifted her weight so that she was top holding his arms down "seeing how you like a taste of your medicine" she said as she started to tickle him. He was trying to contain his laughter contorting his face in the process. Mal laughed at the sight but still held him down, he finally cracked and gave a big snort before bursting out laughing "stop,stop" he said through his laughter "okay" she said "But no more tickling, got it" she said as she stopped tickling him "Okay,okay" he said out of breath. They got dressed. Mal was wearing a pair of black jeans with strips of wight designs on them, a purple tank top underneath a purple and black leather jacket. The body of the jacket was black while the sleeves were purple. Ben had changed into some gray slacks and a light blue dress shirt with the beast head crest on the right side of the front of the shirt. They went downstairs and as Mal walked through the foyer, she glanced over her shoulder to look at the gap under the stairs that led to the library door. She stopped. Ben came up behind her and said "lets not think about that right now" as he put his arm around her shoulders she glanced up at him and nodded. They walked into the kitchen and Ben started to walk towards the fridge but Mal stopped him by grabbing his arm. He looked back at her confused. Mal said "let me make breakfast" "okay" Ben said sitting down on a bar stool. Mal had gotten some strawberries and whipped cream out of the fridge and put them on a big plate. She put the plate in front of Ben and sat in the seat next to him.