Chapter 28

A/N - Hey all my lovely readers! I'm so sorry it took so long to get this chapter out to you, but life happened and I just got really busy. I'm not sure when the next chapter will be but I hope you like this one. Enjoy!

Mal saw the impostor start to walk towards Eugene, still holding on to the edge with one hand for dear life. But before she could do anything Lonnie rushed at him, poising her sword for attack. Just as her blade was about to come down on the man he snapped his fingers and she froze, the edge of her sword inches from his shoulder. Mal was surprised at his magical ability, though she dare not let it show on her face. It was hard hard enough to actually stop a person from moving, but it was another to do it silently. The man chuckled as he took in his surroundings. Mal was confused by his reaction at first, then she looked around at the rest of her friends, and found that they were also frozen. 

"He didn't just stop Lonnie, he stopped time!" Mal thought. If it were any other one of them in her situation they would have surely been terrified at the realization that their opponent could conjure up such a powerful spell, but this was Mal. Sure she'd been scared before, the most recent being when she thought Ben had left her for Uma and that was more heartbreak, but she was far from fearful, she liked a challenge. And unbeknownst to her opponent he had missed one person when he cast his spell, her.

A smirk graced her lips as she realized his misstep. She released the scabbard from her grip, with sword still stowed, folded her arms across her chest and chuckled.

"I think you missed someone?" She teased.  Feeling a little more like her isle self, she was sure there was a glint of bright green amongst her pine eyes.

"Oh, don't flatter yourself" he said turning towards her "I didn't mean to freeze you." He took a step towards her, pushing lonnie's sword out of his  way and towards the ground.

"What do you want?" She asked, her gaze intensifying into a hard glare.

"Well, seeing as you're the king's girlfriend, you happen to have authority in a hostage situation" he said guestureing to her frozen friends around her. "And you happen to be one if the most powerful magic users in all of Auradon"

"What's your point?" She asked, her temper was getting short with him. He never seemed to get straight to the point.

"Seeing as you're a fairy, you can bestow some of your magic on certain people." He said taking another step towards her, placing a hand behind his back.
"This guy really thinks he has me in the palm of his hand, doesn't he?" Mal thought to herself.
"I'll let you save Eugenne, unfreeze time, and let you and your friends  live if you give me some of your magic."

"ahhh, no." She said, laughing. The man pouted at this and leaned a little closer to her.

"Oh well, you have such a pretty face, I'll hate hurting you." He said starting to turn away. But before he could get even a step away from her she grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulled him down so his face was level with hers, her eyes full of rage.

"Look here, I wasn't raised in Auradon," she spat  "I'm an isle girl, and sometimes I really miss torturing people." she said as she dragged her pointer finger on her free hand across the bottom of his chin, forcing him to look into her blazing green eyes. She could see that her touch made him wince "So here's what your gonna do. You're going to let me get Eugenne onto firm ground, unfreeze time, and surrender. Or I might have to let my impulses get the better of me."  She finished, griping his head with her free hand making sure to press her thumb hard into his forhead.

His face contorted with pain and he buckled to his knees, making Mal have to lean over him to keep her grip and gaze on him.

"OKAY! Okay!" He gasped through his grunts of pain. "I'll do what you want!" His submission caused a villainous smirk to grace her face. He snapped his fingers again and the world was back in motion. Lonnie's sword crashed against the concrete floor, and they all lurched in the directions they were headed in. Jay almost lost his hold on Ruapunzle.

"Help Eugenne back up here."  Mal called out to no-one in particular.  Carlos and Doug helped drag Eugenne back up onto the walk way. Mal was still holding the imposter. Ben turned toward her

"Mal? What are you doing?" He asked as he watched the man in her grasp wimper and wince.

"Saving you all" she said still glaring at the man. Ben took a step towards her

"Mal" he said softly trying to get her to listen "Let him go." She looked over at him, gave a sigh, and said

"Fine" before taking her free hand and punching the man in her grip in the gut. He slumped to the floor, clenching his stomach. She turned to Lonnie who had regained her composure "Lonnie can you watch him?" She asked referring to the man on the floor.

"Yeah, sure." She replied holding a hand to her head as she walked over to him. She was clearly affected by the fact that she had been moved while frozen in place. She rolled him onto his back with  her foot before pinning him with the same foot at placing her sword tip dangerously close to his throat. 

"What happened?" Ben asked as Mal walked over to him.

"He froze time and threatened me." She replied mater-o-factly

"So you showed him who's boss?" Jay asked as he walked over to the rest of the group, still keeping Ruapunzle restrained. Though she seemed to have calmed down and wasn't fighting back as much.

"Yep" Mal confirmed, looking over at Jay then back to Ben.

"What does that mean?" Ben asked, concern and curiosity in his voice.

"It means she either threatened to torture him and or tortured him" Carlos replied, his voice calm as if what he was saying was completely normal.

"I feel like I should be mad, but I'm not" Ben said, a little confused.

"We'll finish this conversation later, okay." Mal told him, lightly tapping her finger to his nose. "Right now we have to figure out how to help Rapunzel."