Chapter 9

Mal tried to look away from the globe but she couldn't, she heard her fathers voice in her head saying the island is the one, the one that no one knows "great" she said throwing her arms in the air "now we have another riddle to solve" Ben looked at her and said "maybe that's another reason you're mom wanted him to leave, he always talked in riddles" Mal turned to face him and glared "this is no time for jokes" she said crossing her arms "I'm sorry, I was just trying to lighten the mood" Ben said taking a step towards her, she gave a sigh and started to walk towards the door but Ben grabbed her arm and stopped her "are you sure you're okay" he asked, she took a deep breath and turned to face him "no I'm not" she said collapsing into his arms. Ben held her as she let her emotions out "Ben" she said looking up from where she had berried her face in his chest "yes" he said in a soothing voice "I thought I would be happy when I finally found my father" she said stopping to take a breath"but I'm not, I'm angry at him and upset at who he is" before finally breaking down into tears. Ben patted her on the back and said"shh, it's okay." they stood there for a while until Ben broke the silence "are you mad at him because of what he did" he asked,Mal looked up at him and nodded "does it really change anything that Carlos and Evie are you brother and sister, you're already all so close to each other" Mal's sorrow faded into affection at his words "you know" she said "you always now what to say" Ben smiled at her and said "I try" proceeding to kiss her on the forehead.

Mal and Ben came out of the library, Ben's arm around Mal's shoulders,and found Evie waiting for them underneath the stairs "You opened it!" she exclaimed Mal laughed a little. Evie must have known something was bugging Mal, because her smile faded and she asked "Is everything okay" taking a step towards Mal. Mal glanced up at Ben,he nodded and took his arm off of her shoulders, Mal took a step towards Evie and said "Where's Carlos, I have something important to tell you" Evie looked a little confused as she nodded, she led Mal out from under the stairs and into the TV room. Carlos was sitting on the couch with his arm over Hallie's shoulders and her head on his Shoulder. When he saw Mal and Evie out of the corner of his eye he looked over at them. He said "Hey guys" than paused when he saw the look on Mal's face "is everything okay" he asked.Mal kept her gaze on him and said "I need to talk to you, alone"the look on Carlos's face changed from joy to concern and tentatively he said "Okay" looking at Hallie he said "I'll be back" she looked up at him and nodded. He got up and joined them.

Mal led them up stairs, when they got to the top she made a right turn and led them into a room with a couch on one wall and on the opposite wall was a chair on the left side of the wall. On the right side was another chair. Between the chairs was a little glass table. On the wall to the left of the left most chair was a big glass window like the one downstairs next to the stairs. 

Mal gestured for Carlos andEvie to sit on the couch and she sat in one of the chairs opposite the couch. They did so "what is it, your okay right" Evie asked concerned Carlos looked over at her and said "I'm sure she's fine" looking at Mal he continued "you are okay, right" Mal laughed a little bit and said "I'm fine, fiscally" she paused, took a deep breath before continuing "I have to tell you something, it involves my father, well, more like our father" Evie Laughed nervously and said "you mean 'our father's'" Mal shook her head "I mean our father, we're siblings." As soon as the words left her mouth Carlos's jaw dropped. Evie looked over at him and pushed his mouth closed. She thought for a while than said "so your saying your my sister" pointing to Mal, Mal nodded, Evie continued pointing to Carlos "and he's our brother" Mal nodded and said "apparently" while shrugging. "Well, technically,if we are siblings, we're half sibling" Carlos said. Both Mal and Evie looked over at him. Mal said "Hey your still my baby bro" Carlos gave a sigh than said"hey I'm only younger than you by two months" pointing to Mal and looking over at Evie continuing "and one month younger than you"Evie laughed a little and asked looking over at Mal "how did you find this out exactly" Carlos looked back at Mal and nodded in agreement. Mal took a deep breath "Well remember the library you found Evie" she said looking over at her. Evie nodded while Carlos asked "what library" Mal looked over at him and said "Well, do you remember after lunch yesterday when Evie took me away?" Carlos nodded, Mal took a deep breath and continued "Well she took me underneath the stairs and showed me this door that she and Doug had found and neither of them could open it. She asked me to try and I found that it had an enchantment on it. I heard a voice saying the daughter of evil and the son of good shall be the ones to open the library and find the truth"Mal paused to let Carlos process what he had heard. He asked "So what happened next" Mal took another breath before continuing "well when you guys got back from your golf day I took Ben to the door and he heard the words too. This morning we opened the door and inside was big glass globe. I reached out and touched it and Ben and I got transported to this wight void and their was a man there. He called me Maleficent, which infuriated me and intrigued me, I took a closerl ook at his face and recognized him. He was my father. At first I was happy but then I asked him why he had left me, he said 'Because your mother threatened to kill me if I didn't' I asked him why she wanted him to leave and he said 'because Carlos and Evie are your siblings'"Evie and Carlos were stunned into silence. After a while Evie broke the silence "do you know his name" she asked, Mal shook her head and said "he left me when I was only five. I barely remember him" Evie looked let down as she said "Oh, okay" then Carlos asked"did he say anything else" Mal nodded and said "Yeah, but everyone needs to hear it" Carlos stood up and said "well lets tell them" Evie nodded in agreement and stood up too. Mal joined them as they left the room.