Chapter 35

After getting settled in their cabin Mal and Evie made their way onto the deck of the ship. The wind was a slight breeze that carried the busy crew's chatter. There wasn't really much space where they were standing, but Mal spotted a more open space at the back of the ship behind the wheel. She led them across the bustling deck and over to the railing that lined the stern of the ship. She leaned on the railing, looking out at the wake that the ship was leaving, like a scar across the slightly choppy water.

"M, I've been meaning to ask you," Evie said, Mal looked over at her blue haired sister "what was Dad like?" Mal knew this was coming, Evie had asked her before, but Mal knew the answer she had provided wouldn't satisfy her sister's curiosity. She gave a sigh as she turned around and leaned her back against the railing, crossing her arms.

"Well, he was definitely nicer to me than my mother ever was." She replied, her eyes absently dancing over the busy crew.

"Now that I think about it, he seemed like the absolute opposite of my mom, I don't really understand why they were together in the first place."

"Are you suggesting that he wasn't a villan?" Evie asked, slightly breathless.

Mal listed her head, she had never really given it much thought. Once they had decided to choose good she had been so focused on setting herself apart from her Mother that she hadn't even thought about her father. She had wanted a fresh start.

"Yeah, well, only because of that 'globe vision' when he said he helped Ben's Dad." She paused, gazing up at the sails "Before that, all I really knew was that he abandoned me, and I hated him for it." There was a moment where the only thing that could be heard was the flap of the sails, the whistle of the wind, and the soft crashing of waves on the side of the ship.

"Do you still hate him?" Mal could feel Evie's gaze boring into her. She was about to reply when they were both startled by Harry, who Mal had just noticed was at the helm, called out.

"Oy, your majesty" Mal stepped forward, so she could see over the rail, and there was Ben stopped dead in the middle of the deck, causing several crew to have to abruptly change course so they wouldn't walk into him "what are ye doin, get o're here." Ben made his way onto the platform where the three of them were.

"Sorry," he apologized "I was looking for-" his eyes met Mal's "There you are" he seemed to relax a bit as he walked towards her, but she could still tell he was worried, even more than he had been lately. She took a step towards him
"What's wrong?"
"Uma's been misbehaving." He replied, a frantic look in his eyes.

"So" Harry interjected "we're pirates, what'd you expect?" Mal gave him a glance that said 'shut up' before asking

"Misbehaving how?" She wasn't too worried about Ben's reply, because of how nonchalant Harry was being. Then seemingly out if nowhere a spear wizzed between them and into the main mast of the ship with a thud. She gaped at it before looking back at Ben, who confirmed her suspicion.

"They've been attacking the polynesian ships."

A/N- Hey all my lovely readers, I would first like to say hello to all of the new readers who've found my book since I last updated, second I want to apologise for my lack of updates. Being creative is hard, especially when you're working your butt off in college to get the grades you want. So I just want to say thank you for all of your patience and to let you know I will try and update more often. See you all in the next chapter!