Chapter 4

Mal fell asleep,head resting on Ben's chest, on the way to the vacation house. as the limo approached Ben lightly shook Mal's shoulder to wake her "Mal"he said "we're here." Mal sleepily opened her eyes "here?where is here" she asked, sitting up and looking at Ben. She had almost forgotten where she was "the house" Ben answered"how long was I out for" she asked rubbing her eye "you where asleep for most of the ride" Evie said. The door opened and Jay's face appeared "we're here" he said before he left. Mal heard the trunk open, Evie got out first, followed closely by Doug, than Ben got up and extended his hand to Mal, she took it and they left the limo. When she got out she had to blink at the brightness of the sun setting behind the vacation house.

 The house was fairly big, and was the color of sand. There was door in the center of the building. Above the door was a double window and next to it on either side were two single windows. Surrounding the house were a series of bush gardens, snaking between them was a gray cobblestone path. Lining the path where little hanging lantern's about a foot off of the ground. 

"Wow, it's so amazing" Mal exclaimed her green eyes looking almost golden in the light of the setting sun "ya and it's totally not gross" Evie said, Mal looked at her and just laughed "what's so funny" Ben asked"it's an inside joke" Mal said wrapping her arms around his left arm. They started walking towards the house, then they heard a crash. Mal looked over her shoulder and she saw Jay trying to pick up a bag that had fallen while trying not to drop the other four. "Jay do you need help" she asked "I got it" he said dropping another bag "here" said Mal letting go of Ben's arm. She waved her hand and all of the bags disappeared,  then a scream came from inside the house.

 The door burst open and Lonnie came running out"Jay" she screamed "I was just standing by the door and than all of a sudden these bags appeared out of no where above my head,they almost crushed me" she said slowing down. "sorry, that was my fault I didn't know you where in there, I guess I need to work on my aim" Mal said "That's okay, I understand it was an accident,just please no more teleporting bags" said Lonnie. They started to walk towards the house again.

  When Mal entered the house she stepped into a big open foyer. At the other end of the room there was a staircase with wooden hand rails and marble steps that turned right 25 degrees and got smaller as it went up to the second level. Just to the left of the staircase was a glass window that went half way up the wall from the hard wood flooring. It had white wood trim crisscrossing the glass to make a grid pattern. To the left of the glass wall was a door to the backyard.

 To her left was a big open kitchen. In the center of it was a big granite island with bar stools surrounding it. On the left wall of the kitchen was a big steel fridge with a ice/water dispenser on the door. On the right of the fridge were cabinets that went from the floor to the roof, they spanned the rest of the wall. On the back wall on the left most part was a doorway that Mal could see led into the dinning room, next to the doorway was a gannet counter top that went about a third of the way up the wall and spanned the rest of the length of the wall, in the middle of the counter was a stove top. Above the counter top were cabinets that went a forth of the way down, above the stove top was a microwave. On the right wall of the kitchen coming, off of the other cabinets that went down a forth of the way were more cabinets. They continued until a window in the middle of the wall. Under the window was a double basin sink. To the right of the sink was a double oven.

 On Mal's right was a room that was at an angle to the entrance. On the back wall was a flat screen TV on a TV stand that had a cabinet on the bottom. In front of the TV was a coffee table about five feet away. In front of the coffee table was a brown leather couch that could seat six people. Mal just stared in aw 

"what do you think"Ben asked her she stood there for a minute than she finally said"I......I....I don't have words" Ben just laughed a little bit,he than grabbed there bags and said "come on, I'll take these up to our room. Jay do you know where your guys' room's are?" he said turning around "I think so. I'll show them where they are" Jay said and than he winked "thanks, come on Mal" Ben said gesturing with his head for her to go up stairs.

 When Mal got up stairs she saw in front of her a wall at an angle and in the middle of it was a door. There was a wall opposite of that one and it also had a door except the wall was perpendicular to her line of sight. The floor was the same as downstairs.

 "can you open that" Ben said gesturing to the door on the angled wall "Sure" Mal replied going over to open it and than stopping "but it'll cost you" she said putting a hand on the doorknob and smiling "name your price" Ben said confidently "I'll tell you later" she said winking, she than opened the door and held it open for Ben, he entered first and she followed. When Ben had moved out of the way Mal could see the room.

 On the right wall, in the middle, was a king sized bed with blue covers and white sheets, on ether side of the bed were wooden nightstands. On the wall in front of her was a big glass window with a sliding door that led to a balcony. On the left wall on the far right was a wight dresser, in the middle of the wall was another door that was sightly open. Mal could see that it led to a bathroom, to the left of the door was another dresser. On the wall that the door that she had entered from was on, on her right was a light blue couch with a wooden trim that had room for two.

 "this place never ceases to amaze" Mal said walking around the room "yeah, and you haven't even seen the library yet" said Ben placing the bags next to the bed "there's a library here" Mal exclaimed turning around to face him "ummhmm, my mom had it put in when she ran out of room at home"Ben said walking over to her "now what price do I have to pay" he asked putting his hands on her wast "hmm, let me think, a kiss"Mal said putting her arms around his neck "I think I can do that"he said proceeding to kiss her. After, Mal just stared into his eyes"I have one more thing I want to show you" Ben said taking her hand and leading her out onto the balcony. "look" he said pointing to the sun set and it's reflection on the lake "it's beautiful" Mal said walking over to the railing. Ben joined her and they watched the sun set in each others arms.