Chapter 16

A/N

Sorry it's been so long since I've updated, darn school. I had some free time today so I finished up this chapter, I hope you like it.                    DisneyWildLifeFanatic

After everyone had gotten their stuff together Rebecca led them out of the alcove and back into the woods. Mal was standing just outside of the vine curtain with Ben standing on her right. In front of her were Rebecca and Lonnie talking about the best way to get to the castle. Evie was talking to Hallie and Doug about something, but Mal couldn't make out what they were saying. Carlos And Jay were a little farther away from the rest of the group. From the look of it Mal thought they were trying to find a good tree to climb. And of coarse Dude was running around barking and chasing every bird in sight.

Mal looked over at Ben and noticed that he was staring off into space.He's probably thinking about his sister Mal thought.She took a step closer to him and said "hey" Ben didn't react. Mal stepped so she was more in front of him and said "Hey" a little louder. Ben snapped out of his thoughts and looked at Mal his full attention on her. He just looked at her waiting for her to say something "Are you okay?" Mal asked "Yeah" Ben replied in a distant tone, he continued "just wondering how Cassie's doing" while looking back up at the sky. Mal put her right hand on Ben's left upper arm and let go when he looked back at her "It'll be okay" Mal said giving Ben a reassuring look. Ben took a breath and said "You keep saying that, how do you know?" "Just a hunch"Mal replied giving Ben a smile.

Mal heard Lonnie calling everyone over to where she and Rebecca were standing with the map. They must have figured out the best way to get to the castle Mal thought. She and Ben walked over to where Rebecca and Lonnie were standing just as the rest of the group got there. "Everyone ready?" Rebecca asked. Mal nodded yes and looked around the raged circle and saw everyone else nodding in agreement. Rebecca gestured for everyone to follow her as she said "lets go!"

The group had been walking for what seemed like forever Mal thought. She was walking with Carlos on her right and Evie on her left. "What do you think will happen when we find Ben's sister?" Carlos asked "Do you think she'll recognize him?" Evie added. Mal shrugged "Maybe,I don't think our father erased her memory of Ben" Mal said having a little trouble getting the word father out. "Why are you mad at him?" Evie asked steeping closer to Mal to avoid a rock, Mal replied "I guess because my mother had always told me that he was weak and no good." Evie nodded and looked over to the left at Doug and Hallie talking. She probably knows that I'm not telling her the truth Mal thought. Looking back at Mal Evie asked "Who is he?" Mal looked at Evie and thought for a little bit then said "I'm not sure, I do know that he has or had some sort of magic abilities" Evie nodded. Carlos watched Dude run up to Hallie from his side then looked over at Mal and asked "What does he look like?"

Mal thought for a little bit, then looking up at the sky she said "Well,when I saw him in the vision his figure was kind of fuzzy. I could tell he was old, he had a white beard and hair. He was wearing deep ocean blue robes with a rope tied around his waist. I guess I really just recognized his voice more then anything" When Mal finished speaking there was silence for a while. Then Evie broke it "was he nice when he was still living with you?" Mal looked over at Evie and said "I guess, I'm not really sure. I don't remember much about how he acted. He left me so early...." Mal's voice trailed off as her thoughts were thrown back to the day her father left her.

Mal was in her room, sitting on the floor, at the foot of her bed,looking at the knickknacks that she had collected from her few trips outside of the bargain castle with her father. She was particularly fond of a ring she had found lying in the street. It was silver and had a purple stone where the metal got wider. The metal was very ornate. It had all sorts of swirls and leaf patterns on it. It was to big for her to wear it, so she had taken a piece of sting and put it around her neck. She was fiddling with it when she heard the sound of her mother's foot steps coming down the hall. She quickly hid the ring under her shirt and pushed the rest of her stuff under her bed. She stood up just in time. Maleficent didn't like Mal collecting things, she felt that it would turn her soft. And no daughter of hers would be soft.

Maleficent opened the door and glared at Mal who was standing with her hands clasped behind her back looking in the direction of her mother. "What were you doing?" Maleficent asked in a sly tone "Just standing here" Mal replied. Maleficent replied with a stern "hmph"clearly not believing Mal but not wanting to take the matter further. "Stay here" Maleficent said in a stern, flat, commanding tone. Before Mal could get out a "Yes Mother" Maleficent had closed the door and locked it. Mal gave a sigh of relief and got her stuff out from under her bed and put it in a secret hole in the wall where she kept them. She walked over to her window and stood on the little stool underneath it so she could get a better look outside. She folded her arms on the windowsill and rested her head on them.

 Looking out at the island she first saw the people shopping in the flee market, her eyes drifted to the horizon she studied the building shapes. After a while her sight drifted to a big building off in the distance. It was tall and had towers rising above the mountains behind it. It was white gold and blue, Mal gasped at how beautiful it was as the fog that surrounded the Isle of The Lost parted giving her a small peek at what lay beyond the magical borders that kept everyone on the island.